WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Granada
Granada, Nicaragua
“Swimming there only...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We are staying at our own house rental but using the pool at the hotel. We signed up for 30 days use of the pool. Super nice! Huge! Clean! Showers and towels. Now...the place is doing some renovation so it can be a little noisy but Granada is not known for being quiet, at least not on our street La Sierna. So...we love the pool. The Hotel staff is professional. I don't expect hot water anywhere in Granada, why do you need it anyway? We take showers to get cooled off.

No problems at the pool...off season, some construction, clean, changing rooms with showers, towels and no one else there. Great for us!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BanKKiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Whistler, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Love the pool area, I guess it will be a bit better to hang out there when they stop hammering and grinding steel. It was slow season for them, I guess they are taking advantage of it to up grade. The ratio quality vs price was really good I thought, we had a two queen beds for 80$ us incl. breakfast. We did not really eat there cause the beer was twice the price of most places, we figure it would be the same for food. Keep beer price low and you will sell food... Breakfast was ok, not to sure if they gave us left over stiff rice from previous night but if you can't cook rice and beans, I think we have a problem... Staff member are nice, but again our friends staying in the room beside us got robbed in there room whit in the first hour, while at the pool, 140$ plus 3 packs of cigarette...in the first hour??? At this point we don't even care about price vs ratio...RIGHT ??? If you can not properly manage the keys of an hotel in a place like Granada, I don't think you should be in business... To bad, cause the hotel itself is a really authentic colonial building, very nice... Also we were not able to close the door of the safe, 2 rooms out of 2 so go buy batteries for the safe's door, that will fix half of you problems... And put cameras in hallways and or change the keys and key holes. Good luck!!!

Room Tip: Do not take room 110, someone will come in will you are out ;) not to sure about the other rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kevin B
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

i have been in this hotel for few days but i must say itz a great place.i luv itz pool side,the restaurant especially the food and drinks being served.Whenever u visit Granada make sure you try their hotel.itz really a place to be

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oneonta, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I will cut the folks at Hotel Granada some slack - the Teen Miss Universe Pageant was in town at their facility, but I was not real impressed with our accommodations...hot water was lacking...dinner was just average. In the past, we have thoroughly enjoyed their dinners. Maybe we caught them at a bad time, but you need to register the good and bad reviews, right?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLAMyers
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

paying less than 70$ breakfast included won't allow a lot of criticisms but with little money, hotel management could do a lot. Such as keeping premises cleaner as well as pool (which is huge by the way). Breakfast area was hot but breakfast quality was ok. Rooms have a nice size but no hot showers was available at that time. The automatic switch on/off of the a/c when the key is not plugged in, obliged you to enter a hot room which is not very nice considering Granada's outside temperature. With just some minor touches, the place can be much better. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My name is Edino Ybanes I was on vacation at Granada coming from Atlanta Georgia.
I went to stay at the Hotel Granada Nicaragua, I walked in to rent a room and the only room available according to the Front Office Clerk was a Double Delux junior Suite at $120.00 rate.
I was staying with my wife and my eight years old son. One of the employees walked me to the room and everything seem to be fine. I went ot get my luggages and when I got into the room the AC was not working, I went down to the desk to report the issue I was told by Carla that someone will come to my room to fix the problem, after 30 minutes no one came back I went down again and someone else was at the desk Carla did not leave any note for the new person so I started over telling this new guy my situation, they new previously that the room had AC problem they offer me to change room, they gave me know anothe room with two beds this time the room was dirty I called front desk and I was told that they did not have housekeeping at night they offered me some sheets and they said that they will send someone to clean the room the following day, "seriously" you have a front desk person telling you to sleep in a dirty room that someone will clean the room in the morning. Disrespectull very disrespectull, now they sent me to another room a queen size room for the three of us o sleep with dirty bath tub and no key available because the room was out of service for a long time at that point all I wanted is sleep was 11:00pm and my son was extremedly tired I was told by the desk person that he couldn't do anything that we must talked to Carla in the morning, the same person that gave us a room with AC problem and that did not do anything when we reported the problem but any way I went to speak to Carla and she called someone else this person was not able to solve anything or did not know what to do all he said was I offer you a lunch. Horrible service, dirty hotel, lack of maintenance service, bad communication between staff. This is the worse experience I ever had staying at this "Hotel Granada" it should be call "Dirty Hotel Granada"
My phone number is 770-896-2694 after changing three rooms I stayed in room 103 I think I stayed at Hotel Granada on April 11, 2013

Room Tip: needs major improvement with housekeeping service, clean and inspect the rooms prior guest arrivals...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Edino Y
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am giving this hotel an OK review only because there was no electricity on the first night and no wake up call on our departure night. The in-room safe was not in working order.
I would expect a better maintenance service from a $100 per night hotel ( we stayed in a junior suite). I feel this hotel is a bit overpriced. If you book this hotel Monday through Thursday you may get the same room for $60.
But the staff was very friendly. The breakfast and the service was excellent.
The hotel is located next to the Guadalupe church, 10 minutes walking distance from the lake and the same distance from the Central park. There are plenty of restaurants around the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family