“A great place to relax.”

Hotel Patio del Malinche
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel with two of my cousins after reading the reviews on this site. We stayed in the triple room, #15, which has a queen and a twin sized bed. The room was fairly small, but we were looking for a safe and clean place to leave our things while we walked around Granada and a quiet place to relax and sleep, so this hotel fit the bill perfectly.
The hotel is located two or three blocks from the Cathedral and central park, and a block or so from "La Calzada", which is a strip of bars and restaurants where you can also catch some street performances.
The hotel has two patios. The first one is a dining and lounging area and the second one is where the bar, pool and rooms are located.
Breakfast was included in the price and you have a choice of three different dishes. There's the eggs with sausage or ham, "frijolitos" and toast, which I had and enjoyed; a big fruit salad; and cereal or muesli with a pitcher of milk and a small fruit salad. All meals came with a glass of natural fruit juice. They also offered coffee.
My cousins and I spoke Spanish, so I cannot tell you whether the staff spoke English. They were all very attentive and polite though.
I didn't make use of a few of the amenities offered by the hotel, such as the swimming pool, PC or wifi. But just so you know, they are available.
Our room had air conditioning, which is a necessity after sightseeing in the sun; a ceiling fan; a small, flat-screen TV with cable; an electronic digital safe; a small closet with hangers; and a private bathroom with hot water.
The owners, Ramon and Lydia, take a hands-on approach to running their hotel and will gladly help you with anything. I recommend you ask them for tips on places to see and reliable tour operators.
I can see why this hotel comes so highly rated. If I ever return to Granada, I will most definitely stay at Hotel Patio del Malinche.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed in a couple of boutique hotels in Granada as I have traveled there a couple of times. Prior to staying here I did not know about this hotel. I had passed by it before but never really put any thought into staying here. This time I wanted to treat myself to somewhere nice and noticed that this hotel had exceptionally high ratings, and now I understand why. I was extremely impressed by the beauty of this hotel. Both patios were elegant. When I had to do some work I sat in the front patio, which was really nice and relaxing. I didn't hear traffic from the outside. The owners of the hotel were nice and always asked if I needed something. I think the best part of the hotel was the view from right outside my room. I was in room #18. When I walked out I had a spectacular view of the patio and Mombacho. This view alone was work it. The room itself was nice as well. It was spacious with a comfortable bed and a decent-sized bathroom. The only complaint I have is that the TV was positioned in an awkward position but it didn't really bother me that much. The breakfast was delightful as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Granada. It is the quintessential boutique hotel!

Room Tip: Good a room on the north side (preferably the upper level) so that you have a view of Mombacho to th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I traveled solo to Granada for six nights and stayed here. The room was spotless and the staff very helpful. The pool was just what was needed after sightseeing in the heat. It was so nice to have the bar where you could get a cold beer or your water bottle filled up. The staff answered all my questions and arranged for a taxi to take me back to the airport. One of my favorite spots at the hotel was the little bathroom under the stairs it was so cute. The pedestrian street was a block away and lots of restaurants were close but not so close to make it noisy. I will definitely stay her on my next trip to Granada.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have vaulted ceilings which made the room feel very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations over the weekend. We had been traveling for 11 days and when we arrived early our room was ready and the reception and hotel staff could not have been better! They are all super professional, helpful and warm. Our side fruit plate for breakfast had 10 types of fruit on it, truly scrumptious breakfast in an amazing setting. Treat yourself to Hotel Patio del Malinche, you will be glad you did. The pool was the perfect temperature and it is out of a storybook.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here with my best friend and we loved it. Her luggage did not make the connecting flight and the staff were so helpful in following up on its arrival. All the staff were extremely courteous and went out of their way to notice the small details, like providing swimming towels if we were in the pool. The included breakfast was a nice bonus and the hotel just felt really safe. The guests mainly seemed to be older traveling couples but we wanted a mellow vacation. Great location and easy walk to places all over granada.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2013

A great hotel with helpful people right in the heart of Granada. Very clean and the pool was a wonderful place to come back to after sightseeing. The breakfasts were super. We are already recommending it to friends who will be visiting Granada in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the volcano view room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you are looking to step back in time (Spanish colonial: white walls - cold stone - old wood - flowers) and yet you want a modern room with delicious breakfast...look for this place.

Be sure to take a swim in the evening when the light roses the courtyard, soft and dreamy.

Don't come for spring-break; this is a place to breath in understated elegance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends