“Perfect place to stay in Granada!”

Hotel Patio del Malinche
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

El Patio Malinche is a hotel dream come true!
They have about 20 really beautiful rooms set around a little courtyard with a nice clean pool and some chairs. The breakfast is amazing, staff superfriendly and helpful and the views of the volcano great. I wish there were a place like that in every town :)
One little thing: they need to work on their hot water supply as the water in our room only was hot in the "rush hours" but not in the middle of the afternoon...

Room Tip: Second floor at the back, beatuful view of the pool and the volcano!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed in Patio del Malinche from Dec 22nd - 27th. I traveled to Granada on my own just for a get away and an adventure as well as some volunteer work in nearby Pantanal. This hotel was truly perfect. It is 3 blocks from the Parque Central and is a convenient walk to everything. The lobby and the courtyards are beautifully decorated with art work and plants. There are a couple of hammocks and many chairs throughout the property. The pool area is gorgeous and the wooden chairs are incredibly comfortable. I am the kind of person that is very active and finds it hard to sit still. However I absolutely loved relaxing in the hammocks and sitting by the pool reading my book and working on my travel blog. The wifi worked throughout the property the entire time. Every single member of the staff, from the owners, to the receptionists, to the kitchen staff were very helpful. The breakfasts were phenomenal and I felt like a queen when I was served. If you bring your own bottle, they provide you with free water. The owners were on site most of the time and busily taking care of every little detail. The open air design of the hotel, like most area hotels, kept things cool. My room was on the 2nd floor and was very clean. There were some nice little storage places which was helpful. I used the safe and it worked very well. I am kind of a bed snob and need a good nights' sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was well insulated from neighboring room noise and outdoor noise. The ONLY thing that I think could be improved upon was that the a/c blew right on my face when I slept therefore I did not use it at night. I wish I could have, but I did not want to wake up congested. I felt very safe in this hotel.

I cannot remember the names of the drivers, but the staff arranged for a gentleman to drive me to Volcan Masaya (he waited in the parking lot while I hiked around, and then drove me back) and another gentleman to drive me to another hotel in Managua. Both drivers were great and I felt completely safe with them. If you are looking for a hotel in Granada, book this one without hesitation.

A few words about Granada.... Like everything, it is what you make of it. It was not quite as interesting as I thought it would be, but I enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed Volcan Masaya very much. I only stayed there for an hour but would have preferred to hike around for a few hours. I also took a bus to a really cute little town called Nindiri which has the most photogenic graveyard that I have ever seen. There were many nice restaurants in Granada and I was pleased to see that many of them had an American or European influence so I could have some healthier food choices. I never felt unsafe in Granada and had all very positive experiences.

Room Tip: I think they are all great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brandee S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Although this was our second choice in Granada, we were really pleased with our stay. Both the street and the hotel itself were quiet (our rooms were right next to the pool, so we wondered if it might be noisy, but pool closing time was enforced). The rooms were comfortable, clean and nicely-air conditioned, and we enjoyed relaxing on the patio in and around the pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, close to many restaurants. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have a nice view. We had requested those, but they weren't available.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in Granada for three nights, and this is a little gem. The room was excellent and nicely decorated,the bathroom clean with a nice shower, the patio inside the hotel with the swimming pool was just what you need after going around in the warm/hot Granada. The breakfast was one of the best that we had in the whole Nicaragua... but most of all the people at the hotel are amazing: always smiling and always happy! If you are staying in Granada, stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A well-run, quiet and tidy hotel in a great location. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to provide you with information and advice on places to see and things to do. They are also able to arrange taxis to and from the airport and to surrounding towns.

The hotel is located just outside the main tourist area, but is just a 5 minute walk to the main plaza and other sites. The price of the hotel includes a decent breakfast.

The building is very attractive, with two large courtyards, a small bar, and pool. The rooms are very comfortable and clean.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AbelOttawa
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Since my daughter (25) has been traveling in central America, my son (23) and I decided to meet up with her in Nicaragua for a different kind of Christmas. We chose Granada as our rendezvous point, and stayed in a good room with three twin beds at Hotel Patio del Malinche for three nights. We loved this hotel, with its warm and accommodating staff and beautiful courtyard (picture a small pool in the center for anyone who wants a dip, with flowering trees around it and the occasional hammock hanging along the side). My daughter wanted to give me the gift of a massage for Christmas, and the hotel recommended a woman who was out of this world great. They also allowed us to close off part of the large front entrance for an hour and a half so I could have the massage out there with total privacy but nevertheless a wonderful light streaming in from above the door.

We weren't wildly enthused about Granada itself, though I'm sure if we had made the effort we could have learned wonderful things about its rich culture. The hotel is right near the central park area and there are a lot of places to eat nearby. The streets are charming and the architecture (dating from the 1500s) is lovely. It is a great stopping place on the way to Ometepe island, where we really should have spent our entire holiday!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our whole family enjoyed this hotel, the pool, architecture and gardens were beautiful, and the staff was trully amazing, we had to leave at 3am but they still did everything they could to make us feel comfortable, they made us coffee and provided food for our trip, they even arranged the taxi ride for us.