“Nice stay!”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Granada
westby
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We felt very safe in this hotel. The people working here were very helpful and eager to help. Lidia and Ramon, the owners, were very nice. I really liked a drink called "Cacao" and asked him where I could get it. He told me that he was going to get it at the market! I couldn't believe it! Now I have "cacao" at home and can't wait to make some. Isaura, the receptionist was very nice, and a lot of her recommendations were great. Maribel, our young waitress had a beautiful smile, which it was a nice way to start our day, plus the wonderful breakfast and great coffee. Alvaro, was also a nice kid working together with Maribel at times. And Claudia, the excellent cook and maker of the incredible fruit salads! Next time I visit Granada with my family or a friend, I will stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17 and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was very happy staying at this hotel. The hotel is lovely and there is a pool on the premises. There is a (small) HD TV in the room, air conditioning and hot water, which is really necessary in July. The only thing the room didn't have, which I would have benefited from, is a telephone because I received a phone call from the U.S. every night and had to go down to the reception area to take the call. I also liked the fact that breakfast was served until 10 a.m., not just until 9 a.m. The breakfast choices were great. And would you believe, I walked the sole off of one of my sneakers and Ramon offered to get it fixed for me. I didn't have to spend time looking for someone to repair my shoe. Now how is that for service???!!! The location is also great! Just around the corner from the Calle Calzada, the happening street in Granada!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maringfro
Grecia, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I used TA to guide me in my decision where to stay when I had to do a visa run recently, and the choice of Hotel Patio del Malinche was perfect for me. To start with, the reservation was friendly and easy to do through their website, and upon a late arrival, a smiling receptionist welcomed me and showed me to a very comfortable Room #4 just outside the pool area. Aircon and fan worked well, hot water shower was great, and the cleaning staff did and excellent job. I enjoyed a great desayuno tipica or American style breakfast, all included with fresh juice and coffee. The location was convenient to all points in Granada, and the famous la calzada was just a block away. The Owners and staff could not have made my trip more pleasant, and I will certainly return.

Room Tip: The second storey rooms have a better view of the volcano.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a wonderful place for our family. It is small and intimate place. We had two rooms and they were clean. Staff was friendly and attentive. The location is in the heart of the city. We will now use this as our Granada go to hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and toward the rear of the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here off season for 3 nights with my 4year old. As my son was young they only charged me the single rate. He loved the pool. The place was clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast good, the staff friendly and the prices quite reasonable. The hotel is located only a couple of blocks away from the central square but not anywhere where noise is a factor. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John G
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

On our second trip to Granada within 6 months, we selected Hotel Patio not only to have more common space for our group of 6 but because the reviews were fantastic and it certainly lived up to its reputation. From the time we arrived until our departure the staff went above and beyond their duties to assist us with our every move. Sunday is relatively a quiet day in Granada and instead of going out ot lunch, Ramon offered to call and have pizza delivered for us and while waiting for lunch the girl who was still on duty after breakfast was preparing to leave and instead she returned to the kitchen and set the table for us. In most situations a word did not have to be spoken the staff just seem to know what you needed whether it was a towel by the pool or a cool drink. The owners have put together a wonderful oasis' and staff which makes you want to either stay longer or return SOON!!!! (Which we plan to do as soon as possible). Thanks to Lidia, Ramon and the Entire Staff for their superb service. The Berns, Huffers and Roberts (Feb 2012)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed at the patio del malinche for 4 days. They organised a transfer from Managua airport, the guy spoke English and gave us a quick history of Nicaragua and places we should see in Grenada.

Once at the hotel (at 9am) we were told our room was going to be a little while - 15 minutes - which considering some places at home dont allow check in before 2pm, we were quick to tell them this was fine. They offered us breakfast and WOW, would you like eggs or the fruit salad either way they are both amazing.

After a quick sleep we were walking through Grenada. The hotel is only a street over from the main gringo district so away from all the sellers on the street. They gave us a guide of the town and where some of the more reputable travel places are.

I won't go through every day we had there but for the price and location it was the best hotel I've stayed at in our 4 months away from home. Isaura, alvaro and Jessica were more than helpful throughout the whole stay.

• Stayed May 2012