“Charming hotel with great service!”
Review of Casa San Francisco

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Charming hotel with great service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it the room and hotel and one of a kind, charming authentic spanish villa. The service was excellent. Definitely get the massage one of the best I ever had they come right to your room and were extremely professional and knowledgeable the massage therapist even realigned my back. I desperately needed to make a phone call from work and they allowed me to make a free call, nothing was a problem there I loved it and will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Slovak first
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I stayed a week, then returned for 2 more days. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet with lovely, fresh flowers. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable, willing to search when they didn't know the answer, good recommendations of where to eat and visit. Very friendly and gracious. Delicious breakfasts. I was sad to leave. I highly recommend this charming hotel located within walking distance to everyplace I went in Granada.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed two nights here at Casa San Francisco and was very satisfied. I had arranged for transportation from Managua to the hotel on my arrival into the country, and when my plane came in 3 hours late at 3am in the morning, our driver was there to greet us with a tired smile. The hotel was clean, and full of charm. The staff was especially kind, and really made an effort to make sure we were taken care of. I would stay here again in a second.
The only problem I had was the hot water wasn't working in my room. But after telling the front desk, someone had come to fix it within an hour. Unfortunately the water went from cool to luke warm.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The attention to detail at this hotel was stunning. The rooms were beautifully decorated, as were the courtyards and common spaces. The view of Granada on the hotel's rooftop is almost unparalleled. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the food served at the in-house restaurant was consistently delicious. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
NYC, NY
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The place and the people were just so SWEET! I cannot recall receiving such warm service in any place at any time. We felt shy to ask for help at first, but after realizing how eager to help the staff were we really relaxed! They helped us find the best place to change money, called all around to make us our onward reservations, warmed the milk for our coffee, even watched our bags after we checked out so we could go check out the convent museum across the street before leaving Grenada (a must do small museum with native artifacts!).

Further travels around Nicaragua showed us what comparative luxury we had at Casa San Francisco as well. All though our room wasn't as spacious as some of the other places we stayed and my husband noticed that the TV was small, the charming details were by far superior - the bed was made up with lovely sheets and covers, we had hot water and Air, even the ceiling in our room was beautiful! And despite it all I felt like I could relax with my kids, it was a place where the staff smiled at them and did not just guard against them and the potential mess. The staff did a ton of our laundry and went to the trouble of soaking our socks overnight after we hiked Mombacho!

In fact, despite being so attentive, the staff were very relaxed and happy, they really seemed to like to work there. That made my stay seem all that much better! One afternoon we saw them attending what turned out to be English classes that the B&B offers the staff. Nice touch, in a country where so many are enemployed and so many employers seem to take advantage of that fact. They also seem to offer discounts to volunteers and others who are helping in the community. Special place.
All in all my whole family loved Casa San Francisco.

I recommend it to all who want a relaxed visit to Nicaragua, especially with family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Casa San Fracisco was a great place to stay in Granada. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the on-site restaraunt food was delicios.

I also took 2 tours with their recomended guide, Giovanni that completely exceeded my expectations! He was knowledge and spoke great English, but also offered to provide me the tours in very well enunciated and slow Spanish once I shared with him that I was trying to practice my Spanish. All in all the stay was great and if you are looking for an opportunity to meet a local and learn about the history- political and cultural as well as the ecological I completely recomend Giovanni.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
New York City
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Casa San Francisco was an adorable Inn with a lovely courtyard, small pool, breezy terrace and lots of pets-squirrel, parrots, and turtles. The breakfast included was delicious. The owner was very helpful when I was planning my trip and gave advice about other places in Nicaragua. It was on a quiet street away from the crowded city square. It was a nice find. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family