The place and the people were just so SWEET! I cannot recall receiving such warm service in any place at any time. We felt shy to ask for help at first, but after realizing how eager to help the staff were we really relaxed! They helped us find the best place to change money, called all around to make us our onward reservations, warmed the milk for our coffee, even watched our bags after we checked out so we could go check out the convent museum across the street before leaving Grenada (a must do small museum with native artifacts!).
Further travels around Nicaragua showed us what comparative luxury we had at Casa San Francisco as well. All though our room wasn't as spacious as some of the other places we stayed and my husband noticed that the TV was small, the charming details were by far superior - the bed was made up with lovely sheets and covers, we had hot water and Air, even the ceiling in our room was beautiful! And despite it all I felt like I could relax with my kids, it was a place where the staff smiled at them and did not just guard against them and the potential mess. The staff did a ton of our laundry and went to the trouble of soaking our socks overnight after we hiked Mombacho!
In fact, despite being so attentive, the staff were very relaxed and happy, they really seemed to like to work there. That made my stay seem all that much better! One afternoon we saw them attending what turned out to be English classes that the B&B offers the staff. Nice touch, in a country where so many are enemployed and so many employers seem to take advantage of that fact. They also seem to offer discounts to volunteers and others who are helping in the community. Special place.
All in all my whole family loved Casa San Francisco.
I recommend it to all who want a relaxed visit to Nicaragua, especially with family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa San Francisco is a small charming boutique hotel located in the centre of the colonial city of Granada, in Nicaragua. Our guests enjoy not only the different atmosphere of each 9 fully equiped rooms (A/C, hot water, TV and cable) but also the delicious international cuisine of our restaurant Bocadillos, a tapas restaurant and bar, as well as the refreshing swimming-pool and the worthy views from our roof-top terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Casa San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa San Francisco Granada
- Casa San Francisco Hotel Granada