“So accomodating!”

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The place and the people were just so SWEET! I cannot recall receiving such warm service in any place at any time. We felt shy to ask for help at first, but after realizing how eager to help the staff were we really relaxed! They helped us find the best place to change money, called all around to make us our onward reservations, warmed the milk for our coffee, even watched our bags after we checked out so we could go check out the convent museum across the street before leaving Grenada (a must do small museum with native artifacts!).

Further travels around Nicaragua showed us what comparative luxury we had at Casa San Francisco as well. All though our room wasn't as spacious as some of the other places we stayed and my husband noticed that the TV was small, the charming details were by far superior - the bed was made up with lovely sheets and covers, we had hot water and Air, even the ceiling in our room was beautiful! And despite it all I felt like I could relax with my kids, it was a place where the staff smiled at them and did not just guard against them and the potential mess. The staff did a ton of our laundry and went to the trouble of soaking our socks overnight after we hiked Mombacho!

In fact, despite being so attentive, the staff were very relaxed and happy, they really seemed to like to work there. That made my stay seem all that much better! One afternoon we saw them attending what turned out to be English classes that the B&B offers the staff. Nice touch, in a country where so many are enemployed and so many employers seem to take advantage of that fact. They also seem to offer discounts to volunteers and others who are helping in the community. Special place.
All in all my whole family loved Casa San Francisco.

I recommend it to all who want a relaxed visit to Nicaragua, especially with family.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2009

Casa San Fracisco was a great place to stay in Granada. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the on-site restaraunt food was delicios.

I also took 2 tours with their recomended guide, Giovanni that completely exceeded my expectations! He was knowledge and spoke great English, but also offered to provide me the tours in very well enunciated and slow Spanish once I shared with him that I was trying to practice my Spanish. All in all the stay was great and if you are looking for an opportunity to meet a local and learn about the history- political and cultural as well as the ecological I completely recomend Giovanni.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Casa San Francisco was an adorable Inn with a lovely courtyard, small pool, breezy terrace and lots of pets-squirrel, parrots, and turtles. The breakfast included was delicious. The owner was very helpful when I was planning my trip and gave advice about other places in Nicaragua. It was on a quiet street away from the crowded city square. It was a nice find. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We stayed in Granada towards the start of our honeymoon and were made to feel truly welcome at CSF.

The room was lovely, with a beautiful little balcony, and the hotel and courtyard garden area were great to spend time in.

Hotel is centrally located close to bars and restaurants of town centre although the restaurant in the hotel was one of the nicest meals we had in nicaragua.

Service was great and staff were very helpful to find a driver for us to san juan del sur during samara santa.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

The custmer service at Casa San Francisco was absolutely amazing. When we arrived we did not expect to be completely taken care of like we were! The rooms were cozy and clean, and the outdoor garden could make you want to sit there all day! This hotel also offers, in my opinion, the best menu in Granada! I spent my last day in granada in the garden and never wanted to leave! Also, be sure to check out their beautiful gifts in the lobby!

1  Thank reneedidio
Reviewed April 16, 2009

HOTEL CASA SAN FRANCISCO, GRANADA. I was traveling as a single female in Nicaragua. I loved the Corn Islands and Laguna Apoyo was by far my favorite place, but, that the STAFF at Casa San Francisco was so terrific I extended my stay in Granada! They were the VERY best and made all the difference for me. I felt welcomed and safe in the Hotel. It was full of Character, I loved the picturesque atrium with live birds and a waterfall, the food and bar were excellent, and the bartender always remembered my drink and name! Management was superb and I highly recommend it.CASA SAN FRANSISCO made my trip!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2009

What a wonderful and charming place to stay in a beautiful colonial city. This was a lovely place to end our central american trip....Nancy the proprietor was great as was the staff.........Granada, the hotel and location are all very convenient to the center. The hotel had lots of nice touches, decor, ammenities. Excellent service, delicious breakfasts, hummingbirds. Ask for Giovanni for a tour of the isletas and Maya Volcan. Excellent food at restaurant.