“nice surprize”

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Being in Nicaraqua I did expect to find a decent place due to the local politics, but i was wrong. . Delightful, pretty, good staff, etc. It simply had the right 'feel'. We would have liked to have stayed longer but...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank im44

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not only did I find a great city to visit in Granada, but I found the perfect place to stay. I loved my three day stay at Casa San Francisco. I will definitely be back. The hospitality was excellent, the staff was wonderful, the rooms very comfortable, and the food was top notch. I highly recommend their vegetarian sandwich. I think I had 6 within 2 days. And great conversation with the resident parrots, Charlie and Baby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lazydogdays
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and very much enjoyed the small hotel, nice grounds and pool. We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms and it was smaller and darker than some others we peeked into, but it still had a nice little balcony and AC. The staff was great and so helpful with whatever we asked for. The walk to the main plaza was only 2 blocks and we always felt safe, no matter the time of day or night. Each day included a free breakfast of either fruit, or eggs and toast and a beverage.
My only negative comment is regarding the cleanliness of the shower. Although overall it appeared clean, there was a LARGE glob of long hair blocking the water from draining. It looked as if it had not been removed for quite a while. I easily removed it, so either the maid didn't notice it in the dim light, or didn't clean the shower appropriately. Oh yes and loud parrots at 6am, but that was OK, I can't get that at home.
The on-site restaurant for lunch and dinner is a bit overpriced for the amount of food received, but meals are presented beautifully. We also found many great places to eat within a couple blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveling_monster_me
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After a Medical trip to Nicaragua with Project Cure we were able to relax for the week-end in Granada. The Casa was so inviting. I Botique hotel with only nine rooms, was quaint and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and with lovely amenities, air conditioning, fans,cable TV, and very comfortable bedding. The included breakfast was a a full breakfast, not just juice and cereal. I would give the staff very high marks in their service, and the pool was so refreshing on a hot day.This is a wonderful respite. Tara Leary was very friendly and around to answer any questions. we had a great time staying there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

LOVE this place! Besides the quite (very important in Granada) and convenient location, the comfortable beds, roomy bedrooms and delicious food the customer service quality from everyone of the staff members and Terry, the owner, was spectacular! This is our third time staying at Casa San Francisco, can't imagine staying anywhere else in Granada. Thanks for everything Terry and the entire staff at CSF, look forward to seeing you again soon. BTW..please give say, 'hello' to Charlie and Baby.
Hugs,
The Nunez Family

Room Tip: We did not have reservations but were lucky to be quickly accommodated in one of the smaller rooms f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Legna568
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in the annex one night, and two other rooms in the main hotel. They kept bumping us around for whatever reason, but it wasn't that much of a hassle. Overall, I think this hotel made a great option for a lower price than some of the more popular places along the parque central.

The hotel itself was nice. The breakfast was a tad small, but we found the location of the hotel to be great. There's a nice parking garage on the same block (staffed by an old man and his grandkids) that only costs 2$ a night.

The rooms are simple, all with suicide showers. I would actually recommend the annex as long as you don't have the room with the separate bathroom (we did). It is nice back there, even if slightly less convenient.

The staff were helpful and called ahead for us when we wanted to kayak las isletas. It's only a short walk to the parque central and some other attractions, as well as a great cafe (the garden cafe) that is just a few blocks southeast.

Overall we were very happy with this hotel even though we got bounced around from room to room. It also makes for an easy dinner one night, b/c it's one of the better restaurants in town

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I spent a couple of nights here the end of August. We found it on Trip Advisor and it exceeded all expectations. They arranged transportation for us from the airport. Our flight was over an hour late, but our driver (Doskar) was there waiting for us. He spoke good english and was kind, considerate and a good driver! When we got to the hotel, it was late, but we were greeted with food and drink. Our room was wonderful! Doskar took us for a day trip and then also took us to San Juan del Sur - I can't say enough about him. Terry, one of the hotel owners, welcomed us as if we were old friends. Claudia and Franklin were amazing. My heart is full. We will be back. Thank you to all at Casa San Francisco!

Room Tip: The food is delicious! There is a breakfast included, but it's not the "full" breakfa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple