“A Special Place”

Bocadillos - Tapas Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #9 of 168 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bocadillos Tapas Kitchen & Bar is located inside Hotel Casa San Francisco. With sidewalk and rooftop dining options, Bocadillos is a must-do while in Granada. Bocadillos features small plates that are perfect for sharing or dining alone. With an eclectic menu and local ingredients, you can enjoy bold flavors like Hoisin Ribs and Chicken Tamales. Save room for dessert, as we offer Homemade Cheesecakes as well as a Warm Bread Pudding with a Rum Raisin Glaze. Bocadillos also has a full service bar that features Signature Cocktails, Fresh Squeezed Juices, locally crafted artisanal beers, and a Daily Happy Hour with 2 x 1 drink specials and free House Yucca Chips.Whether you come for dinner, a light snack or Happy Hour, Bocadillos is a great place for casual dining in a friendly atmosphere. The rooftop terrace offers amazing city views and can be reserved for special events or romantic evenings
Sarasota, Florida
“A Special Place”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Picture this. You're leading a group of 6 nervous gringos on their first-time visit to Nicaragua, staying at Casa San Francisco, and want to eat dinner nearby, a "safe" yet interesting meal. I've eaten at other "name" restaurants in Grenada and thought of those, but wondered about this adjacent place, Bocadillos? Ooops, they're closed on Tuesday nights, the only night we'll be there. What to do? The hotel put me in touch with Shane and Carina, and they said they'd open up Bocadillos just for us, and put on a special meal. We were comforted by the assurance of purified water, we drank Shane's fabulous Macuas, we feasted on Carina's delicious tapas and desserts, all presented beautifully in a gorgeous setting. But above all we were treated as friends or welcome guests. It doesn't seem right to call Bocadillos just a restaurant. It's a special place where the hosts really take care of you.

• Visited January 2014

• Slovak first
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Maybe it needs some time to grow?”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Well, perhaps my expectations were a little too high. Based on the other reviews here on TripAdvisor I was hoping to sit down to some epic tapas. Unfortunately, Bocadillos simply did not deliver.
Let me first say that the service was outstanding. Our server was lovely and very attentive; she suggested the right drink for me, based on my taste and made sure we knew what each dish was arriving at the table. I also think the location is beautiful and offered a wonderful atmosphere. I wish the playlist consisted of more than top 40's from 3 years ago, but maybe that was just for the sake of the touristy tourists?
In regards to the food - I feel as though there was a lot to be desired. We ordered almost all of the savory dishes on the menu and were impressed only with the panko-crusted potato and pepperjack cheese balls. Most of the dishes were lacking in flavour and I hate to say it, but it felt as though they were made without love. Everything was executed well and as advertised. However, when I order roasted garlic hummus, I'd like to taste some roasted garlic. Or hummus for that matter. What we got was watered down chickpea puree. The pulled pork sliders were alright, as were the short ribs.
I think this restaurant has a lot of potential and hope to see it succeed in the future. I'm just not sure why it currently sits as Granda's number one restaurant on TripAdvisor.

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Another Hidden Granada Jewel.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good bar and service with great selection of tapas in afternoon. Can eat tapas in downstairs bar or up on rooftop patio.

Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Great Spot”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Tapas twice as good and half the price of those in Barcelona, Spain. It is owned by ex-pats and they are doing a great job of preparing and serving food.

Sebastopol, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We tried everything once, and then started working our way back through the menu because it was all so good! Mind you, we did have four nights there to perform that feat, but we did eat something there each and every day. The little tamales: succulent; the crunchy potato balls: goo-tastic; the sliders: splendid; and both desserts: just off the hook good. The 2-for-one Happy Hour Macua cocktails were dangerously delicious. The only sad thing to report is they are not open seven days so if you are only there for one night you may miss out. Try not to let that happen!

1 Thank doronamiran