“Good Pizza, nice garden seting / Not so cheap, lack of dishes”
Review of El Pizzaiol

El Pizzaiol
Ranked #14 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean Italian Restaurant Pasta and wood fired oven pizzas Fresh salads and homemade bread and much more. Vegan friendly Sitting around our beautiful garden Relaxed atmosphere ,FREE WiFi Come and enjoy with us
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The location of this Italian driven restaurant is really perfect, just behind the central plaza / cathedral. It is inside a colonial style building and has a nice garden, which makes it a perfect setting. The pizza was prepared by the owner himself and really, really tasty. A bit disturbing I found the prices for drinks and dishes and also the fact, that the starter menu and wine list were very small. There I have seen better menues and prices for comparable quality.

4  Thank SwissTraveller1980

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We decided to eat here when we saw how pretty it was. The dining room is really attractive with beautiful flowers in the garden. We ordered pizza and wine and really enjoyed it. The crust was super crispy and they had a delicious spicy garlic sauce on the table!

2  Thank AudreyK1986
Reviewed February 16, 2014

And the food is wonderful as well. I also like the ambiance. Nice selections of authentic pizzas and wines.

2  Thank Buscando_serendipia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We entered the pretty El Pizzaiol hoping to enjoy an entrecote pizzaiol perhaps, and a glass or two of decent Italian red. We were disappointed. There was absolutely no atmosphere, and the restaurant offered only pizza and pasta. They were, however the best we have ever tasted. But I saw red when my glass of house red ($5) was no more than a splash in the bottom of a very large glass. `A glass of wine does not mean half a glass of wine, if that' I told the waiter.My wife's white was, needless to say, cloyingly sweet.

I was not expecting a glass of Barrolo, but that the restaurant should pass of poor local wines, there being no descriptions (country of origin, sweet, dry etc) whatsoever on the menu, does them no credit at all.

4  Thank 576davidjames
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a great pizza and a couple Tonas. Service was very good, but you should know it was mid to late afternoon and we were the only ones in the restaurant. Very Nice. Will go back again if we return to Granada.

I think they delivered, but I'm not sure.