“Magnificent oasis in the heart of Granada!!”
Review of Hotel Estrada

Hotel Estrada
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We could only stay one night which was our only disappointment at Hotel Estrada. It is a beautiful and charming intimate hotel only blocks from the Central Square. Every detail of our stay was perfect; from the cordial welcome as soon as we entered the courtyard, our free welcome drink in the lounge, our beautiful and well-appointed room, and the friendly and helpful staff.
Granada is a beautiful city...and this hotel is a great place from which to explore. Check in to the Hotel Estrada and enjoy!!!

Stayed: July 2014
HotelEstrada, Manager at Hotel Estrada, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dennis J,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed every detail of your stay. It is this same magnificent experience that we will continue to provide to others. We would have loved to have you for more than just one night! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon in our beautiful city.

Best regards,
The Hotel Estrada Team

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at Hotel Estrada in May. Everything about our stay was perfect. The staff is wonderful - very helpful with scheduling tours, finding local restaurants and directions for various sites within the city. The hotel location is excellent - about 1/2 block from the town center and walking distance to Lake Nicaragua, restaurants and shopping. Our room was large, very clean and quiet. The breakfast was delicious - they offer 4 or 5 full breakfast options but were flexible with special requests as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for excellent service, comfort and convenient location in Granada.

Room Tip: We had the room at the top of the front stairs. It is very large, clean and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel173
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great people, very knowledgable, super friendly. Dinner at the Bistro was excellent!

Only issue was the noise of the air conditioning unit which was not conducive to a restful sleep.

Breakfast could also do with some improvements.

Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just spent 4 wonderful days at this friendly well located and beautiful hotel.The staff was always accommodating and helpful. We drove from Costa Rica, where we live and were able to park right in front of the hotel each night where the night watchman was able to observe the car.
The room was very clean and comfortable, quiet and relaxing. The bed very nice.
The only criticism, if I may was the breakfast was not great.
I highly recommend this for anyone traveling to Granada.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a small hotel, that gives you a lot of personalized attention. The staff is very attentive and courteous from the minute you arrive to when you leave. The place is spotless, the rooms were immaculate. It was my wifes birthday and the staff was extremely helpful in helping me set up a special dinner for her that included some very talented musicians and singers.

The breakfasts were well prepared and portions were more than ample, and the coffee was great! The attached Bistro was equally good, and featured air conditioning, a real commodity for dining in Grenada.

The location is just two blocks or so from the main square and dining area. A perfect base to explore the area.

Could not find any fault with the Hotel Estrada. Heartily recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hammer2003
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at multiples places in Central America, and this hotel is one of the best. The distinguishing feature of the hotel is the attention you are getting. As soon as I walked in, I was told that they are expecting me (not to mention immediate welcome drink). The staff was watching for a parking spot on the street while I was resting in my room (I did not want to go to their garage that is 3 blocks away) and then they were holding the spot while I was moving my car. Extremely nice and helpful receptionist welcomed me by my first name - this never happened to me before. It is safe to say that the staff did for me more than in any other hotel.

Some reviewers mentioned noise and birds/wildlife (lizards). I did not notice any noise except for some celebration in the morning from the main square (night was very quiet), which in my opinion is normal for such central location. One would expect some wildlife in the rooms if the hotel is open Colonial style in Central America - again, I have not observed anything out of norm. With respect to birds, during my breakfast with great enjoyment I watched how birds were bathing in the fountain - you can't have such pleasant experience in other places.

The rooms are spacious, the bed was amazing, and the breakfast... well, the breakfast was definitely better than I could ever imagine. I even started thinking that I should have had dinner there.

One comment is about shower. It is clean, and quite fancy (I like how the shower head is made) but the drain could have been better. However, it did not spoil my overall impression, and I will definitely consider Hotel Estrada if I go to Granada again.

Room Tip: My room on the second floor had garden view, and I liked it very much.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

When we walked into our room at Hotel Estrada we couldn't believe our luck. None of the photos we had seen did it justice. The bed was huge, the bathroom was immaculate with endless hot water and the service was first class. Nothing was too much trouble. Perfectly located a less than 2 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the main square, the rooms and resteraunt were classy. During my stay I also saw inside Hotel Spa Granada and Hotel Plaza Colon and I would choose Estrada every time. The only downside is that for the rest of our stat in Nicaragua, nothing will quite compare.

• Stayed: April 2014