All reviews staff was extremely helpful an oasis wonderful hotel small hotel hot water courtyard nicaragua ac
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at Hotel Estrada in May. Everything about our stay was perfect. The staff is wonderful - very helpful with scheduling tours, finding local restaurants and directions for various sites within the city. The hotel location is excellent - about 1/2 block from the town center and walking distance to Lake Nicaragua, restaurants and shopping. Our room was large, very clean and quiet. The breakfast was delicious - they offer 4 or 5 full breakfast options but were flexible with special requests as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for excellent service, comfort and convenient location in Granada.

Room tip: We had the room at the top of the front stairs. It is very large, clean and very quiet.
1  Thank Travel173
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great people, very knowledgable, super friendly. Dinner at the Bistro was excellent!

Only issue was the noise of the air conditioning unit which was not conducive to a restful sleep.

Breakfast could also do with some improvements.

Recommended!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just spent 4 wonderful days at this friendly well located and beautiful hotel.The staff was always accommodating and helpful. We drove from Costa Rica, where we live and were able to park right in front of the hotel each night where the night watchman was able to observe the car.
The room was very clean and comfortable, quiet and relaxing. The bed very nice.
The only criticism, if I may was the breakfast was not great.
I highly recommend this for anyone traveling to Granada.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a small hotel, that gives you a lot of personalized attention. The staff is very attentive and courteous from the minute you arrive to when you leave. The place is spotless, the rooms were immaculate. It was my wifes birthday and the staff was extremely helpful in helping me set up a special dinner for her that included some very talented musicians and singers.

The breakfasts were well prepared and portions were more than ample, and the coffee was great! The attached Bistro was equally good, and featured air conditioning, a real commodity for dining in Grenada.

The location is just two blocks or so from the main square and dining area. A perfect base to explore the area.

Could not find any fault with the Hotel Estrada. Heartily recommend!

Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank Hammer2003
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at multiples places in Central America, and this hotel is one of the best. The distinguishing feature of the hotel is the attention you are getting. As soon as I walked in, I was told that they are expecting me (not to mention immediate welcome drink). The staff was watching for a parking spot on the street while I was resting in my room (I did not want to go to their garage that is 3 blocks away) and then they were holding the spot while I was moving my car. Extremely nice and helpful receptionist welcomed me by my first name - this never happened to me before. It is safe to say that the staff did for me more than in any other hotel.

Some reviewers mentioned noise and birds/wildlife (lizards). I did not notice any noise except for some celebration in the morning from the main square (night was very quiet), which in my opinion is normal for such central location. One would expect some wildlife in the rooms if the hotel is open Colonial style in Central America - again, I have not observed anything out of norm. With respect to birds, during my breakfast with great enjoyment I watched how birds were bathing in the fountain - you can't have such pleasant experience in other places.

The rooms are spacious, the bed was amazing, and the breakfast... well, the breakfast was definitely better than I could ever imagine. I even started thinking that I should have had dinner there.

One comment is about shower. It is clean, and quite fancy (I like how the shower head is made) but the drain could have been better. However, it did not spoil my overall impression, and I will definitely consider Hotel Estrada if I go to Granada again.

Room tip: My room on the second floor had garden view, and I liked it very much.
Date of stay: April 2014