“A must do if you have a sophisticated taste...”

Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern environment in a neoclassical property constructed in 1886. We've forged a relationship with Nicaragua's best coffee producers to provide you with an excellent cup. High altitude, shade grown boutique crops yield coffees with a crisp and balanced acidity, roundness, sweetness and rich chocolate-like brews. These farmers know what they do. The poetry is ever intended at Espressonista. On your table we serve local, slightly smoked ham. The brie, the camembert and manchego are also from Masatepe and Matagalpa. Organic lettuce, baby asparagus and other greens from Ticuantepe. Chez nous, we know where everything comes from. We bake our own pastries and breads, make our own ice creams, brew our own beer. We love food, drink and good company. Join us!
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I visit Granada once or twice a year and I am always interested in the new and notable when in town. ESPRESSONISTA is a spot I keep coming back to. Its food and coffee is refined and its atmosphere and interesting decor, like no other. The menu varies so I really can´t recommend one dish. I´ve tried salads, main dishes and desserts - and they have all been tasty, made with organic and locally sourced ingredients...which for Nicaragua, is truly revolutionary. Not many Nicaraguan-owned spots are trying to make a difference in this regard or highlight local organic ingredients.

This is not a backpacker spot -- so if you like a cheap cup of coffee, you may want to go elsewhere. This is a place to enjoy a quiet afternoon, order a delicious nibble or dessert and take in the avant garde ambiance. Espressonista is a coffee bar for locals and tourists with a sophisticated taste or for those with an appreciation for food and places that offer a unique experience. And you will have to remember, you are not having coffee in Paris or Berlin, you are in Granada at a place that is trying to bring a bit of European flare in one of the most charming and colonial towns in Nicaragua. It would be a shame if you are in Granada and miss a visit to Espressonista.

Andres L, Manager at Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Abbcc,

Thank you for coming back again and again to our restaurant.
We appreciate immensely the time you took to share your experience at Espressonista.
Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Best,

A. Lazar

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visited Espressonista recently and I was immediately in awe of its ambiance - it is honestly like stepping into a chic restaurant in another posh part of the world. The lunch menu, although small, offered several gourmet options and breakfast is also served all day. My disappointment with Espressonista lies not in the service (which was fantastic), or the location, or the atmosphere, but with the food and coffee. Others obviously would disagree and that is perfectly fine. I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich on sundried tomato bread and an iced latte. The sandwich was alright, but nothing that lived up to what I was expecting. The latte was too bitter for my taste and I ended up not drinking it at all.
For me, Espressonista just didn't work, but I did love looking at all of the beautiful decor!

1  Thank weeone03

Dear guest,

Bad food, bad coffee do happen.
It may have happened to us during your visit,
it is a pity you did not call it to our attention so we could have made everything within our reach to wow you. The whole point of setting up our business is to provide excellent ingredients, carefully balanced flavours, and amazing dishes. It's what we like to do.

Please note that whilst you are still at a restaurant almost all and any situation can be corrected.
I think this is true of life in general, without getting too philosophical about sundried tomato bread and lettuce.... We always have a chance to repair and redeem ourselves given the chance.

We wish to encourage you to grab life by the steering wheel, clutch and shift gears. Otherwise you may end up being a passive passenger being driven from from mediocrity to adequacy, but never to the best. I do believe given a chance, we would have done our best to improve your experience at our place. All of us work here to excel, not to underwhelm.

In all fairness, all places you visit should be accountable to you whilst you are still their guest.
The host must hold his or her duty to you see you leave with a smile. Ergo, the time to express your discontent is the present for there is very little anyone can do after you've decide to walk out.

A. Lazar

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We went to Espressionista for a quick coffee boost after a long day of being at the beach, shopping, etc. Espressionista did not fail to offer that positive boost! The environment is very light and airy, with a nice green, lush courtyard. Their coffees seemed to be all amazing. Not one of the 4 people I was with complained, rather they all unanimously went "MMMM". Try out a pastry too!

1  Thank WorldCitizen319
Andres L, Owner at Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Walter,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Espressonita.
We're glad your friends had a good time.
Do hope to see you again during your next visit.

Best,

A.Lazar

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Forever I lamented the fact that Granada lacked an upscale cafe such as this one. The wonderful food and drink selection was enhanced by the attentive service by the owner and staff. I visited Espressonista multiple times during my recent visit to Granada and I can say that both the service and quality never wavered.

Dear Carlos,

Thank your for that very thoughtful and kind review.
We do hope to see you again in December so you try our
special chocolate buche de noel.

A Lazar

Reviewed July 14, 2014

OK.. people there are great..friendly but if more than a few people..slow. Atmosphere is local casual...nice.

Food is OK...not a great as advertised but certainly goond. But it is a coffee shops + ad not a restaurant. So go prepared for coffee or a light lunch...nohting more.

3  Thank Amen9