“Earl Grey's teapot”

Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern environment in a neoclassical property constructed in 1886. We've forged a relationship with Nicaragua's best coffee producers to provide you with an excellent cup. High altitude, shade grown boutique crops yield coffees with a crisp and balanced acidity, roundness, sweetness and rich chocolate-like brews. These farmers know what they do. The poetry is ever intended at Espressonista. On your table we serve local, slightly smoked ham. The brie, the camembert and manchego are also from Masatepe and Matagalpa. Organic lettuce, baby asparagus and other greens from Ticuantepe. Chez nous, we know where everything comes from. We bake our own pastries and breads, make our own ice creams, brew our own beer. We love food, drink and good company. Join us!
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The coffee is great in Nicaragua, but there are occasions when only a cup of well-made tea will do. Surprising, then, we should find it in this speciality coffeebar at the end of a thoroughly fascinating colonial house tour. A blackboard listed a range of English and Indian teas, and when we ordered Earl Grey, the cafe owner produced a large and classic English teapot like a rabbit out of a hat. Jeeves could not have served it better, properly brewed and served in cups and saucers with an heroic cheesecake. Our only regret was that we did not notice that the cafe served evening meals, for which we surely would have returned.

There are newer reviews for Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was in Granada for 3 months and visited many of the restaurants, and although I liked Espressonista, I found it to be a little pricey. Especially for the size portions. I wish the sandwich I had ordered came with a little salad, something to fill the plate. The owner was extremely personable and I do recommend trying this restaurant, if you don't mind spending a little more for organic or farm to table ingredients. It is very unique and has a much different atmosphere than most restaurants here in Granada, which is refreshing.

2  Thank grenadinasuarez
Andres L, Owner at Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear kind sir or madam,

We appreciate your recommendations
and we are also greatful for advising other guests that we source our products from
organic farms and other producers committed to quality.

Our very best wishes,

Andres

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My son and daughter in law took me to this "have to see" coffee shop in historic Granada. And i was completely blown away by what I found. Aside from the great decor and free wifi, the coffee was exquisite - freshly ground, perfectly made, and delicious. The passion fruit cheesecake still makes my mouth water at the memory. It was just a pit stop on our way to Managua overnight the first time. Then on the next day on our way back to Rivas, I was thrilled that we stopped in again this time for a delicious lunch. Tasty home made soup to begin. Then a great sandwich with fresh, home made, multi-grain bread with raisins in it, savoury cured meat and creamy brie cheese - just melted in the mouth. And, of course, another helping of the passion fruit cheesecake and a perfect latte. Looking forward to my next visit to Nicaragua - will include a mandatory stop or two at Expressionista!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went to Espressonista by recommendation from various people and I was not let down. Starting from the absolutely delicious cappuccino, to the exquisite home-made passion fruit cheesecake and all the way to the beautiful venue and great service, Espressonista is one of a kind not only in Granada but in all of Nicaragua. Have been there many times for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
A must.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to espressonista was a game changer for us in Nicaragua.

Finding a place with such a unique, refined and sophisticated feel was a great discovery and had become a home away from home.

The coffees (especially the cappuccino) are amazing and prepared with an attention to detail that would stand out anywhere in the world.

The food is unique, an amazing combination of traditional favorites with local ingredients.

Most of all the staff and owners are wonderful and will make anyone feel like family. Never have I witnessed a patron waiting for service or being neglected - something truly unique here in Nicaragua.

Oh, forgot to mention the beautiful decor and location.

You won't regret a visit