“Really good light fare and wonderful owners/staff”
Review of Cafe de los Suenos

Cafe de los Suenos
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Café de los Sueños mission is to offer healthy food and beverages, in a welcoming, colorful and warm atmosphere, while creating jobs for local people and participating positively to Granada's community. To achieve these objectives, we carefully select each of our ingredients, giving priority to organic and locally grown fruits and vegetables we use organic unprocessed honey from local farmers, our organic coconut oil is made in a small community on the Atlantic coast. Also, everything on our menu is homemade and we use unprocessed ingredients for our bread, soup, desserts as well as our salad dressings & sauces. We encourage local artists by exhibiting and offering for sale their best creations. We wish you will have a great time at Café de los Sueños -your comments are welcome- The owners, Malena (Mexican) & Simon (Canadian) Thank you
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The salads are fresh and tasty. The soups are always wonderful...grandma's recipes! Crepes in Granada - who would have thought. The friendly pet/street dog sleeping next to his bowl on the sidewalk is just as friendly as the delightful owners. Very clean and inviting atmosphere. This place is one of our favorites.

1  Thank Buscando_serendipia
There are newer reviews for Cafe de los Suenos

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a terrific chicken Cesar salad and cappuccino here. The salad isn't on the menu, but it was recommended by the staff so you just have to ask for it. The portion was huge, with lots of avocado, ripe tomatoes and nicely cooked chicken. I forgot to ask for the dressing on the side, and felt they put a bit too much on but it tasted fine.

The staff was cheerful, they've got wifi and I liked that they have three distinct seating areas. I also liked the complimentary glass of filtered water.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed January 25, 2014

By far Cafe Los Suenos is one of the best places to go for coffee, lunch, or dinner in Granada. It has quickly become one of my regular spots. The service is great--the staff are very friendly and attentive. The menu includes delicious salads (by far the best in Granada) that I'm very partial too, paninis, and a special every night. Their coffee is superb as well--americano, cappuccino, espresso, etc.
The atmosphere is very relaxing and you can chose to sit outdoors on the calzada or in the cafe next to Mexican and Nicaraguan art and a beautiful garden. Definitely go!

1  Thank Rosa D
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been living in Granada for 3.5 months and in that time, Cafe de los Suenos has become one of my regular 'go to' places to eat and relax on La Calzada. The wait staff is sweet and attentive without the feeling that they are lingering or checking too often. I was turned on to this restaurant by fellow travellers who were down from Wyoming and a group of us went to eat there.

I was able to try a little of what everyone ordered and it was all fabulous! Every mouthful delicious. I'm partial to the Gorgonzola Salad topped with chicken. There are beets and avocado and the plate is quite large. I have read in many a travel rag that it is either difficult to find salads or that they can be dangerous to eat because of the water the veggies are rinsed in but in Granada and especially at de los Suenos, the salads are abundant and grand.

There is a school across the street so you can at times enjoy the laughter of children while sitting on the patio/at the outdoor tables.

2  Thank CanadianKitty73
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My daughter has been living in Nicaragua for 4 months and she recommended this restaurant to my husband and I when we visited. She thinks this is one of the best spots to get coffee (she comes here all the time) and to get a bite to eat. The wait staff were very friendly and provided great service! We sat outside for our meal and enjoyed the surrounding area as we sipped on drinks.