“Skip it... Cant tell if it was a scam or a real place to eat.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Skip it... Cant tell if it was a scam or a real place to eat.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

So my girlfriend and I were looking for a place to eat early one morning in Granada. We saw this place open next to the main plaza and thought it looked like a nice place to grab a bite to eat. What we got was much less than that. I ordered gallo pinto with eggs and my girlfriend ordered pancakes. We also got two coffees. These are NOT hard dishes to makes but what we got was instant coffees which tasted like water with dirt thrown in them, two pancakes that tasted like cardboard, and two eggs that were ok with undercooked rice with beans. What really made us mad was that they charged me a lot for my meal and over $4.00 for the pancakes. This was not a meal with two pancakes but really just two pancakes. Thats $2 per pancake that were the size of a fist. If you walk two mins down the road $4 can get you an all you can eat breakfast at a hotel. This seemed like a place that just over charges for ultra bad food and lives off the fact that they are just next to the main plaza. Our best guess is that they are a scam that live off of tourists. Stay away!

• Visited November 2012