“Peruvian Fusion and chill Granada vibe”

Restaurante El Marlin
Ranked #13 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seafood . fusion cousine .
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I ate here on a whim one Monday night when I was looking for something nearby my hotel that featured fresh, healthy seafood options. Located in a quiet barrio, yet only 10 minutes from the central plaza, El Marlin is a simple and elegant restaurant. I had two delicious dishes: the Ceviche Granada and the Consome. The ceviche was beautifully presented in a tortilla chip basket with two yummy salsas along with plantain and tortilla chips. Fresh, clean, simple and delicious. The Consome was served boiling hot which is both good and bad - good for the traveler who's worried about getting sick from food, but bad because I had to ask for ice to cool it off enough to eat. Overall, the food was wonderful and I would go back there again in a heartbeat. Their motto is "Where eating well does't cost more" and I agree. Very friendly and accommodating owner, Bosco, shared with me that here, "you will not find fried fish, that's something you can find at any other restaurant around Granada."

Go to El Marlin and treat yourself to fresh, beautiful, simple and thoughtfully prepared food.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love this restaurant - beautifully crafted dishes that appealed to all my foodie fusion sensibilities - yucca with passionfruit sauces, perfectly cooked seafood and grilled yummy vegetables. By far the best seafood I had in Nicaragua.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't miss a stop at the restaurant "El Marlin" located at a few meters from the Xalteva Cathedral.The food is quite expensive but not so much regarding to the excellent quality of food! They serve marvellous sea food and for those who are not fan of this type of food, they can also offer a delicious chicken with a fresh exotic fruit sauce or a salad. Come here to please your senses!
The owner of the restaurant also runs a guesthouse in the same steet "Hospedaje Ari".

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

By far the best meal we had in Granada and the service was excellent. We had the ceviche and Mediterranean fish, both fresh and tasty.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to El Marlin largely because of all the good rankings from Trip Advisor. It is a little off the beaten path but it was nice to get out of the stuffy city center and it is not all that far in reality. The food was decent, but not as high quality as I had hoped after reading all the trip advisor reviews. For me it was oversauced and a little too rich and that made the fish itself play second fiddle to the side dishes. If you like seafood it is probably worth the visit if you are here for a few weeks, but I also feel there are several other food options ahead of this place.