“I really felt like "entre Amigos = amongst friends"!!”

Hostal Entre Amigos
Ranked #12 of 70 Specialty Lodging in Granada
Sønderborg
“I really felt like "entre Amigos = amongst friends"!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at Hostal Entre Amigos for four days at the end of my first trip to Nicaragua. Cesar (and the other guys in the shop AND the night watch) was really friendly, and we had some interesting conversation about their different handicrafts. I made a little research about hostels in Granada, when I came their for the first time, and decided that this should be "my place" when I returned. There is a warm atmosphere, the room and the bed was superb! And the Hostal is placed near to the City Center. The kitchen could have been cleaned better - but that's up to the costumers as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The owner and other guests were very nice. Private rooms very big, clean and nicely furnished. Definitely a good experience and sure I ll go back. Free wifi,laptop,coffee and books you can borrow. There s also a wonderful craft jewelry and objects shop in the entrance.
We bought lots of souvenirs!
There s also a big tv screen with dozens of DVDs you can choose from if you decide not to go out.

• Stayed March 2013
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I go to Nicaragua every year as to respect the Costa Rican law. Before going I checked on the Net for a place to stay in Granada. The reponse they sent me by email at Hostal Entre Amigos was so welcoming that I decided to give it a try. No regrets at all ! The place is nice, the boutique has a whole lot of special things to offer and the staff is just nothing else but great. More so I have met some people that were satying there too and made friends with them. In fact we still are in contact. So when a place is so good and warm, clients staying there tend to be warm too and you get the bonus of making friends. If you ever pass into Granada don't miss out on Hostal Entre Amigos.

Michel

Room Tip: The place is very close to the Central Park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
hostalentreamigos, Owner at Hostal Entre Amigos, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
mission accomplished then!
because of the simple fact that you met new people here and are friends now and that is the greatest compliment we can have as a hostal.
Thanks for your comments,hope to see you soon
Simsbury, CT
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 5-6 nights, we really enjoyed our time here. Cesar (I think he is the owner) was a really nice guy, very accommodating... he let us pay all at the end which was convenient. The bed's were the most comfortable I've had in Granada and there is free wi-fi. We met some really cool people here and the outdoor tables/courtyard is a good place to hang out. Definitely a place we would recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Astoria, New York, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Thank you Cesar for everything! Hostal Entre Amigos is that type of place that you hear about through word of mouth. Its not in the LP yet, its hidden behind a gift shop, and it is very very tiny--so you pretty much have to hear about it from other backpackers. I got a great review and had to go there, now I am telling the good reviews! I was pickpocketed and needed a place to crash with pay-at-checkout while I waited for my new atm card to arrive, Cesar let me stay for nearly a month, storing my bag in his storage for a few days to check out SJDS, Masaya, Poste Rojo, and other great areas nearby.
Its a great price at $6/night! Wifi, water, coffee, fans, new beds, clean sheets, movies, safety all included. They just need some hammocks.
The communal kitchen is small, but we made tons of great dinners and fiestas in there! Never had a problem rollin and having a few beers. I made a lot of great friends in this place...dont forget to save water!

Room Tip: There are full size dorm beds!! I bet he makes discounts for couples, otherwise, spread out!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jacob S
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a ok time for the one night I spent here. Dorm room was clean enough and the bathrooms were fine, if a bit on the small side. The other people in the dorm weren't that friendly so it certainly left an impression but not something I blame the owners for at all. The bed was comfortable and the room was cool, temperature wise. Markets and central square and other attractions are a short walking distance away. Area totally safe. Staff was friendly and the huge plethora of free mangoes daily was a nice touch, even though I don't like mangoes. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Erlangen, Germany
Reviewed March 20, 2013

this is a very friendly hostel, very good located!!
the people there are very nice and have a little shop! which is very nice but a bit expensive,

the mattress are very good!
they help me with information about the town, it is also very secure, they have a security guard the whole night.
the kitchen is ok for a few days!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo