“Cool addition in a town with a lot of nice restaurants”
Review of El Camello

El Camello
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Greatest hits menu from around the world. From falafels to sizzling beef teriyaki to Memphis dry rub ribs and everything in between. Everything is made fresh here from scratch. Great value!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend two months in Granada and this became one of our favorites. We chanced on El Camello as it was two blocks from our rental and we like middle eastern/moroccon food. The owner, Leroy, is cool. He has a small but eager to please staff, and both locals and expats seek out the food. Salads are great and inexpensive, nice selection of middle eastern-oriented main courses and appetizers, and it is a great place to meet and greet others and get the down low on what's going on around town.

1  Thank Joseph O
There are newer reviews for El Camello

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It's hard to find many restaurants in Granada trying to do anything but Nicaraguan, pizza, or American bar food, so a Middle Eastern restaurant is a great addition to the options here. And the food meets or exceeds expectations in every dish we've tried, from the schwarma to the tagine. The sangria is to die for. Service can be painfully slow and confused, which is why I rounded down to four stars, but with improvements in that area this could easily be one of the best restaurants in Granada. It probably is anyway.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My mouth waters just thinking about the chicken pita, it is delicious I have it every time I eat here so I really can't comment about the rest of the menu but my boyfriend does love the curry. Some people have complained about the slow service but I have found it to be on par with other restaurants in Nicaragua, no one trying to rush you through your meal to free up the table.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had dinner at the highly recommended El Camello with two friends in late August. I had fish curry, my friends had a Middle-Eastern dish and salad. Well ... I'll never forget my fish curry as I had a night from hell! The next day was still painful. As I only had a muesli breakfast at The Garden before my fish curry at night, I can be certain that El Camello was to blame.

One of my friends also had diarrhoe and some pain, but much less than me ....
I wanted to tell the (American) owner about it, but found the restaurant closed on the two days I tried to check in.

8  Thank brooklynhere
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate here our first night in Granada and had the best peanut sauce I've ever tasted. The menu is very eclectic, with offerings from Asia, Europe and Central America. We had to return our last night just for more peanut sauce! Great service and good prices.