All reviews central park beautiful hotel complimentary coffee private courtyard haven of peace colorful walls recommend this hotel future travelers two blocks top floor amazing pool within walking distance rooms are large beautiful colonial style booking tours wonderful city the wi fi
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2018

This was a really nice hotel to stay for a few days in Granada. Hotel is only 2 blocks from the central square. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The pool area was nice, we enjoyed the free breakfast. The staff was nice and welcoming. Definitely enjoyed out stay and thought the price was very reasonable for the accommodation. Would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Geovany R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Hello

Dear alex,

Thank you for share your comment and for choosing our hotel. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay, pool area, breakfast and we hope to have you again as a guest at our hotel.

Geovanny Rivas

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

An haven of peace in the heart of Granada.
Staff is thoughtful and helping. Rooms are huge and confortable. Breakfast is generous. There is a beautiful swimming pool inside and deckchairs to have a rest.
In one word : perfect !
I recommend !

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Roxane,

we really appreciate it your review about our staff, rooms, breakfast, swimming pool.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with an assessment perfect of your stay at Hotel Casa del Consulado.

We hope to have you again as a guest at our colonial hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

The interior courtyard, common areas, pool, and especially room were all beautiful. Amazing shower. Very good cooked to order breakfast and free coffee upon request all day. The hotel is perfectly located a couple of blocks from the Cathedral, with many dining options nearby.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Geovany R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Dear Keith C,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa del Consulado.

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed our interior patio, common areas, swimming pool, room, shower, breakfast and free coffee.

We hope to have you again as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

At $7, the day pass at this place is more expensive than the $5 going rate of other places, plus they will charge you $1 extra if you need a towel. I'm doing a tour of all the day pass pools in the area because I love pools, so after trying unsuccessfully to negotiate a little discount on the entry fee, I decided to try it anyways. The guy behind the desk was not very gracious and wouldn't budge at all, saying that was the price. It is unusual that prices not be negotiable, and I felt that he was refusing to negotiate with me because he saw me as a tourist-type, not that I later received tourist-type hospitality (see below). I joked with him in Spanish, he didn't joke back, I gave up.

Facilities: The pool is in a courtyard that looks lovely, but it doesn't get much sun; the sun moves across from right to left, and on the right hand side the pool has a built in lounge chair that is unusable after say 10am. The pool was very very cold, so being in the shade in the pool is not comfortable after a couple minutes. By noon most of the pool is in the shade.

Fine, I thought, I'll take a dip and hang out in the courtyard, but after trying to scope out a place to do this I realized that the only pool furniture (that you can sit on while wet or damp) are three lounge chairs outside the pool, and inconveniently placed on the other side of where you go in and out of the pool.They were occupied when I arrived. There is some fancy but uncomfortable living room furniture placed around in exterior part of the courtyard, but again it is placed in such a way that you are not in the pool area. There was no where to sit and be in the pool area. The furniture was stiff and uncomfortable, formal dinning room furniture.

Hospitality (not): There is a sign that says free coffee until 9pm, so I asked for some. They said I didn't qualify because I was not a hotel guest. I asked for water, and the sultry young man behind the desk did nothing. This said to me: we already have your money, so screw you, stop bothering us.

Another example, right after I paid the guy who took my money says to me in a stren, bossy tone of voice: "And you must be out by 5pm" like he assumed I was gonna try and stay later. I was so put off. The whole interaction with the staff was really negative.

The experience was uncomfortable and not relaxing. I left after 30 minutes. Obviously, they couldn't have cared less.

If I had had a good experience, I would have taken photos for my Instagram and told many others about this not-well-known pool day pass, not to mention come back at least once a week while here (since I live for cool pools!), but they treated me like an expendable tourist. So now all they will get is a "Tourist Beware" review on social media.

Tourist Beware: Day Pass Disaster - Uncomfortable Space, Staff Not Hospitable

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Geovany R, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Dear rompersilkskin

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for your honest opinion.

I am very disappointed to know that you have found our pool service below your expectations is our first review with that rating about our pool and our staff service, we are very sad that our policies and the entrance price for the pool would not meet your expectations in Granada there are 46 hotels and all has diference prices and policies.

On the other hand, our team will personally supervise our policies and prices with other hotels.

I apologize for this bad experience. It is very disappointing to hear what happened, but we hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we have improved our Hotel Manager will make sure that your complaints are transmitted to all.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Absolutely love Casa Consulado! Went for 3 nights, stayed for 8. Beautiful boutique hotel, lovely cool rooms, well furnished, comfortable. Gorgeous pool in central open-air courtyard. Great location - easy walk to the centre of Granada. But above all else, the service was wonderful. Really loved the staff and they made it easy and appealing to just keep staying. Especially Geovanni and Jaime. Thanks so much all, really loved my time at the Casa

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RachelFleming
Geovany R, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Dear Rachel Fleming,

We really appreciate it your perfect and detail review about your stay at Hotel Casa del Consulado, It makes us feel happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for writing about rooms, pool, location and our staff. I am sure that all our hotel staff enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to have you again as a guest at our colonial Hotel.

Best Regards,