All reviews central park beautiful hotel complimentary coffee private courtyard haven of peace colorful walls recommend this hotel future travelers top floor amazing pool within walking distance rooms are large beautiful colonial style booking tours wonderful city the wi fi nicaraguan breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2018

At $7, the day pass at this place is more expensive than the $5 going rate of other places, plus they will charge you $1 extra if you need a towel. I'm doing a tour of all the day pass pools in the area because I love pools, so after trying unsuccessfully to negotiate a little discount on the entry fee, I decided to try it anyways. The guy behind the desk was not very gracious and wouldn't budge at all, saying that was the price. It is unusual that prices not be negotiable, and I felt that he was refusing to negotiate with me because he saw me as a tourist-type, not that I later received tourist-type hospitality (see below). I joked with him in Spanish, he didn't joke back, I gave up.

Facilities: The pool is in a courtyard that looks lovely, but it doesn't get much sun; the sun moves across from right to left, and on the right hand side the pool has a built in lounge chair that is unusable after say 10am. The pool was very very cold, so being in the shade in the pool is not comfortable after a couple minutes. By noon most of the pool is in the shade.

Fine, I thought, I'll take a dip and hang out in the courtyard, but after trying to scope out a place to do this I realized that the only pool furniture (that you can sit on while wet or damp) are three lounge chairs outside the pool, and inconveniently placed on the other side of where you go in and out of the pool.They were occupied when I arrived. There is some fancy but uncomfortable living room furniture placed around in exterior part of the courtyard, but again it is placed in such a way that you are not in the pool area. There was no where to sit and be in the pool area. The furniture was stiff and uncomfortable, formal dinning room furniture.

Hospitality (not): There is a sign that says free coffee until 9pm, so I asked for some. They said I didn't qualify because I was not a hotel guest. I asked for water, and the sultry young man behind the desk did nothing. This said to me: we already have your money, so screw you, stop bothering us.

Another example, right after I paid the guy who took my money says to me in a stren, bossy tone of voice: "And you must be out by 5pm" like he assumed I was gonna try and stay later. I was so put off. The whole interaction with the staff was really negative.

The experience was uncomfortable and not relaxing. I left after 30 minutes. Obviously, they couldn't have cared less.

If I had had a good experience, I would have taken photos for my Instagram and told many others about this not-well-known pool day pass, not to mention come back at least once a week while here (since I live for cool pools!), but they treated me like an expendable tourist. So now all they will get is a "Tourist Beware" review on social media.

Tourist Beware: Day Pass Disaster - Uncomfortable Space, Staff Not Hospitable

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Geovany R, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Dear rompersilkskin

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for your honest opinion.

I am very disappointed to know that you have found our pool service below your expectations is our first review with that rating about our pool and our staff service, we are very sad that our policies and the entrance price for the pool would not meet your expectations in Granada there are 46 hotels and all has diference prices and policies.

On the other hand, our team will personally supervise our policies and prices with other hotels.

I apologize for this bad experience. It is very disappointing to hear what happened, but we hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we have improved our Hotel Manager will make sure that your complaints are transmitted to all.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Absolutely love Casa Consulado! Went for 3 nights, stayed for 8. Beautiful boutique hotel, lovely cool rooms, well furnished, comfortable. Gorgeous pool in central open-air courtyard. Great location - easy walk to the centre of Granada. But above all else, the service was wonderful. Really loved the staff and they made it easy and appealing to just keep staying. Especially Geovanni and Jaime. Thanks so much all, really loved my time at the Casa

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RachelFleming
Geovany R, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Dear Rachel Fleming,

We really appreciate it your perfect and detail review about your stay at Hotel Casa del Consulado, It makes us feel happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for writing about rooms, pool, location and our staff. I am sure that all our hotel staff enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to have you again as a guest at our colonial Hotel.

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a couple nights at the tail end of a month trip. They offered us a secure garage for our rental car, which was a bonus. Lots of comfortable areas to lounge, breakfast is included, bar service & free coffee & expresso.
The room & bathroom are large, clean, a/c and comfortable.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Geovany R, Recepción at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hello

Dear Tara,

Thank you for share your experience at Hotel Casa del consulado your review is important for other travelers about secure garage, lots of comfortable areas to lounge, breakfast, bar service and free coffee. we are very happy to know that our service made your stay enjoyable.

We hope to have you as a guest very soon at our colonial building.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

As a group of 6 we rented two beautiful rooms. The pool is lovely, the service even better. We had pool side bottomless coffee drinks and access to a bar. Breakfast is served on the deck in courtyard. The staff was wonderfully attentive. The location is perfect for all Granada destinations.

Room tip: ask for a high ceiling room (Grand Sultana) around pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Geovany R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear Nemorden,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa del Consulado.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa del Consulado.
We appreciate it your review on our tripadvisor page your comment is important for us.

your review about our staff It makes us feel proud to meet the needs of our customers in the best way we can.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

We chose this hotel for the beginning of our Nicaragua road trip (1 night) and the relaxing last 3 days before flying back. It was the best part of our trip.

It's situated one block from Central Park , in the center of the city , within walking distance to most of the places to see or visit. Plenty of reasonably priced restaurants, a local market, churches galore, all easily accessible.

Rooms are spacious, with AC , a HD TV and a digital safe.A big bed with different thickness pillows. Stone bathroom and shower nicely designed.

Breakfast was included and there was a variety of choice including gallo pinto (local staple, recommended to experience local food). If you , like us, don't like plain white toast, pick-up freshly baked multi-grain bread in a bakery, close by. A complimentary coffee (cappuccino or espresso) are offered on demand during the day. There's a small bar next to the reception with a variety of cocktails (quite good).

Amazing pool was much appreciated after a long walk in the city. it has some oversized chaise-longue to relax and use some free Wi-Fi (all areas).

Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you welcome. Definitely merritts a second visit.

Room tip: A smaller room by the pool is more efficient for the AC, which is much needed.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank GregTheTraveller51
Geovany R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa del Consulado, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. your detailed comment on our rooms, location, breakfast, customer service we really appreciate it your excellent rating and your comment.

We hope to having you as a guest again at Hotel Casa del Consulado.

Geovanny Rivas