“Loved our stay!”
Review of Hotel Colonial

Hotel Colonial
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I stayed there this week. This is the second time we have stayed there. We will only stay there in the future. The hotel is cozy, clean, the rooms are beautiful and very traditional. The kids loved swimming in the two pools. We also love to eat breakfast in the restaurant. It is near the plaza in Granada. We also took a tour to a volcano and enjoyed it very much. Our tour guide Julian was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hotelcolonialgranada, General Manager at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Family

Thank you so much for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. Knowing that our guests are happy while their stay with us, gives us the energy continuing trying to make everything that your stay with us is hopefully a 100% pleasant one.

We hope you will be again in beautiful Granada and would look forward welcoming you at Hotel Colonial.

With kind regards

Remo and Crew

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and really enjoyed the excellent location, access to many varied restaurants, service from all levels of staff and peaceful ambience---2 pools, beautiful landscaping--you feel like you are in a forest, etc. It's a gorgeous hotel! The managers are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. I enjoyed sitting by the pools reading and relaxing aftr a busy day of walking around and touring. Even though the hotel is very close to the main plaza so you would think it would be noisy, it wasn't at all. In fact, it was very peaceful and once you are inside the hotel/courtyard you feel like you are miles away from all the crowds. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel guide, Julian, is very helpful and a friendly guy so I recommend the various tours offered by the hotel. The room itself was very comfortable and elegant. I loved it here and would definitely stay here again next time I visit Granada. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I think any room would be a fine one but I enjoyed staying in the back near the smaller pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank John T
hotelcolonialgranada, General Manager at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear John

Thank you for commenting on us on Trip Advisor.

We are looking forward seeing you again in beautiful Granada/Nicaragua and hope to welcome you and your friends at Hotel Colonial. Be always welcome with us.

Kind regards to Middletown

Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here as family of 4 (girls 11 and 14). Really nice rooms, lots of space and great beds and bathrooms. Internet OK too. Location great for walking around Grenada and restaurants. Girls loved the 2 small pools and 4 poster beds. The hotel staff were kind and helpful. We found the hotel quiet and calm even though close to the main square. There is a chocolate museum a block away where you can learn about, and make chocolate - must do if you like chocolate !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hotelcolonialgranada, General Manager at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Nigel

Thank you for commenting us on Tripadvisor, and thanks a lot for mentioning the chocolate museum many of our guests did learn about making chocolate on their own.

We hope to see you again one day.

Kind regards from beautiful Granada

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last week I stayed at the Hotel Colonial in Granada, Nicaragua for the second time in two years. Excellent service from all levels of staff and they go out their way to make you feel welcome. I will stay here again when I go back next year.

Room Tip: Rooms are a good size - not cramped. Fitness Center - they have an agreement with a local Gym/Spa...

Dear "J9HW"

Thanks a lot for your comments. I am happy that you did like your stay with us and did so in beautiful Granada. Yes, since a short time we have an agreement with "Pure" Gym and Spa. All our guests have, while their stay at Hotel Colonial, a free membership and can use their facilities.

We are looking forward seeing you again one day, and send you our kinds regards to California

Remo and the whole Hotel Colonial Crew

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 days at the hotel colonial with my boyfriend. The hotel and pool area is absolutely gorgeous. It is very quiet despite being in the center. As soon as the manager found out is was my bday he went the extra mile, and made dinner reservations, and sent champagne to my room. The manager and his wife really know about hospitality, and are genuinely nice people. In addition,
We took two tours which were reasonable and very good. The tour guides took their time, and were very professional.
My only complaint is the beds were too hard for me, but my boyfriend was fine with it.
Thanks hotel colonial for making my bday extra special!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Aimee

Thank you very much for your response. I am happy that you liked your stay at the Hotel Colonial. Sorry for the bed you thought that they are too hard. We are very roud having in all our rooms first class mattress. I know that the are a few people who prefer soft ones.

Me and the whole Colonial Crew is sending you our kind regards to beautiful New York

We are looking forward seeing you again one day

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is so insanely beautiful, all of the artwork is unreal. I stayed here with a study abroad group from the university of Arizona and we had an awesome time. There was one point at which we were being a little loud and the manager was totally chill about it, we just ended up going out to a really fun near by bar instead. Excellent food and really nice hotel employees you definitely will not regret staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
hotelcolonialgranada, General Manager at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Erica

Thanks a lot for your kind comment. We are very happy that you and your group did like your stay with us. I always try to remember times when I was young in a situation like the one you described. So no problem at all. Some just have to respect, communicate and understand each other. We all did so ("your" kids were just great!)

I send you all my kindest regards and look forward seeing you one day again in beautiful Granada

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a fantastic stay here. Location is great - just on the corner of the main plaza, which is close to the main nightlife of Granada but means that the immediate environment is quiet at night. The hotel itself is an extremely attractive period building, which two pool areas set inside the courtyards. The room was clean and attractively furnished with good air conditioning. The staff were first rate, in particular Laura (the receptionist) who was incredibly helpful to us in planning our stay in Nicaragua, and offering advice and recommendations. The manager also took the trouble to meet us personally and very kindly offered us a round of drinks on the house on the final night of our stay. This is an excellent hotel in a great city.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
hotelcolonialgranada, General Manager at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear "GB13750"

Thank you very much for you very kind comments in tripadvisor. We are very happy that you did like your stay with us and would look forward seeing you one day again in beautiful Granada.

I send you very kind regards to London and wish you a wonderful summer there

With our best wishes