“We will always stay there visiting Granada”
Review of La Floresta Hostel

La Floresta Hostel
Ranked #12 of 64 Specialty Lodging in Granada
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We will always stay there visiting Granada”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our first stay at La Floresta was in February and it happened by accident. The other place that me and my boyfriend booked in Granada could not find our reservation and would not accommodate us. Well, we could have not been luckier. La Floresta gave us a wonderful room overlooking their garden in the middle of the night when the town of Granada was fast asleep. We woke up to see a fantastic place, supper clean, very welcoming and friendly staff... We really felt like home.
Every morning we were greeted by beautiful parrots that knew quite a few sentences. Staff spoke Spanish as well as English, were organizing amazing tours that beat everyone else's price and were executed to the fullest.
I just want to say that since that fortunate night in February of 2013, we have stayed at La Floresta 4 more times, last one being just first week of November and of course needless to say we will be back. Muchias Gracias!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face their beautiful garden. Every choice is a good one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Zivile_Pupinyte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My first time staying at La Floresta was early this spring. It came recommended to me by not only one, but TWO of my fellow traveling-friends who both said they loved it there. Indeed, they were correct. After my first stay this year, I have since been back twice whilst stopping through Granada...and the next time I'm in Granada, I'll be staying there again. The food is delicious; the courtyard is beautiful; and for the price, the rooms are great. The owners and the employees are wonderful people, and I still keep in touch with a couple of them on a semi-regular basis. I highly recommend staying at La Floresta

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank BrynnerFox
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is pretty great. The cost was a bargain, but the best part was the staff. Mercedes and company are incredibly friendly and go above and beyond to help serve you, even in matters not related to the hostel stay. It's also a plus that you get a free gym membership at a local gym with your stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Matt E
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went with my family to celebrate my little boys birthday in Granada and we decided to stay here at the Floresta because it is very near most site seeing places.
The staff is extremely friendly always asking us if we needed anything.
Bathrooms are cool very tropical atmosphere.
Well it's a most go place in general.
I can't wait until my next stay in December

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Felizi
Scotch Corner, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Excellent location, staff friendly. Clean and peaceful location. Walk in and it opens up in to a garden paradise. Parrots and turtles included. Lots of information also available about Granada and friendly Tour Operator works from here. Offering boat trips and airport shuttles.

Room Tip: Single rooms available. Remember to use mosquito nets.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ANomadicSoul
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love this place. I stayed here for 1 month studying for my exam and it was a perfect place to relax and focus on my studies. The place is spotless, the garden is so nice, the staff is lovely! You get an excellent accommodation for a really low price. I also liked it because it has such a good location, a few steps from the central park. I can't wait to come back because it feels like a second home to me now.

Too many compliments to list.
Check it out for yourself if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Private rooms or dorm rooms available
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank steve t
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed August 19, 2013

In all my years travelling never experienced anything like it. it completely sour our time in Granada. While gone out for dinner there was a break-in into our room an someone broke our locker from the back panel and stole our cameras and sunglasses an blackberry. Didn't notice until the morning as we did not see anything amiss as the locker looked ok when we arrived back, The staff seemed indifferent to our plight and was more annoying is the owner of the establishment never showed up!. The Police have done a very good job under the circumstances. Reports files, photograph the room, finger prints etc... but what can you do? This leaves a bitter taste for my wife and I as we need to be more careful. We thought we were ok and had a false sense of security when we noticed they had 4 working CCTV cameras and the lockers was padlocked, the night watchman claims he did not hear anything. This was a heavy wooden locker. Only gone for 3 hours to watch the carnival as we thought it was safer leaving the cameras in the room than taking it out on the street. DO NOT STAY THERE.

Room Tip: Check hostels in Granada have security gates and proper walls. Also be careful if staff are lingerin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple