“Great experience at Casa Xalteva”

Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Casa Xalteva is a Non-Profit Spanish school with over 21 years of experience. In addition to our language school we also have a children's program which provides a safe and healthy environment to local children from poor families. All of our proceeds go towards the funding of this program. We commit to ensuring the best possible language tuition in which our students are welcomed into the Casa Xalteva family.
Dushanbe, Khatlon, Tajikistan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience at Casa Xalteva”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I just spent two weeks studying Spanish in individual lessons at Casa Xalteva and had a great experience. Our home stay family was really lovely- we felt very welcome and not at all like 'just a source of income', which I know can be a problem with some home stays. My teacher was Gerald and he was GREAT! He really took the time to prepare for the political discussions that I requested and more than that, did a great job of building my confidence and helping me get rid of some of my ingrained errors. I feel like I learned a lot about Nicaraguan culture, and really solidified my Spanish language skills.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Christa G

Nelson, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“giving forward, getting back”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We studied Spanish for ( far too short a time)one week, at Casa Xalteva this January, 2014.The director, teachers, students and children (the real hearts of the place) were welcoming and friendly. The Spanish instruction was of good to very high quality and the atmosphere is relaxed and punctuated with the laughter and hard work of the local children who attend school there. By taking classes at Casa Xalteva, students from around the world support the education of Nica kids who otherwise may not have the opportunity. The school has been around long enough to have many community success stories. This experience is a high level connector for the learner/traveller and the local community. I plan to return and stay longer.

1 Thank Alejandra B
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great school, lovely teachers, excellent homestay!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Classes and homestay are fantastic value for money with profits going towards helping local children. Casa Xalteva offers a wonderful opportunity to experience Nica life while learning to communicate with locals, Teachers are experienced, professional fun and the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. Granada is a beautiful town and a great jumping off point to explore ther rest of Nicaragua. Casa Xalteva has a real sense of family and community and I was very fortunate to be able to spend a month there studying and volunteering, I can't say Gracias enough to everyone at the school and definitely hope to return one day!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank SheaZ
Granada, Nicaragua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High quality classes and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you want to study spanish in Nicaragua, Casa Xalteva is the place to do it. The atmosphere is friendly, tranquil but professional, and the local teachers competent. You get a lot out of the 4-hours-classes (eventhough you can do 2 hours pr. day) and the price is low. There's an international environment, where you will be meeting new friends quickly. I can highly recommend Casa Xalteva.

1 Thank SofieSommer
Aalsgaarde, Denmark
“A place for everyone”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Casa Xalteva is a really nice place! It hosts people from all over the world and at every age. I spend three weeks at the spanish school that i will never foget. Both the teachers, the kids and the other students were lovely people and i had so much fun there! I would definitly recomend Casa Xalteva if you are traveling in Nicaragua and want to learn some spanish.

1 Thank JosefineBoerthy

Travelers who viewed Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center also viewed

Granada, Granada Department
Granada, Granada Department

Been to Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center? Share your experiences!