“Amazing Spanish School in Granada”

Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Casa Xalteva is a Non-Profit Spanish school with over 21 years of experience. In addition to our language school we also have a children's program which provides a safe and healthy environment to local children from poor families. All of our proceeds go towards the funding of this program. We commit to ensuring the best possible language tuition in which our students are welcomed into the Casa Xalteva family.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Spanish School in Granada”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I intended on going to classes for one week during our 3 week vacation. We ended up taking 3 weeks of classes. You can arrange to stay with a host family to get the full experience, but we actually stayed in a vacation home just 2 blocks from the school, Casa Camila. There are excursions during the week to get you acclimated to speaking the language in a comfortable setting while touring. We had a ridiculously good time on these trips. The school its self offers many different levels to study with very patient teachers and also opportunities to teach or share something from your culture with the youth students there. You will learn about the customs and history while practicing your conversational Spanish. We have met many people who studied elsewhere (sometimes they came with us on excursion) and this school doesn't compare. Be prepared to laugh, meet great people from around the world and SPEAK SPANISH!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank AGallant

Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Spanish School in Granada!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been taking spanish classes in Casa Xalteva for 3 months and it has without doubt been an excellent experience. The teachers are extraordinarily competent and creative and the tuition is tailored to each student. Furthermore, there is a strong sense of community among students, teachers, and staff and when I first came there I immediately felt embraced by the warm and friendly atmosphere. Every week it is possible to join excursions arranged by the school and this is a great way to get to know the city of Granada and its surroundings as well as the other students. Another important thing to say about Casa Xalteva is that it directs a program for nicaraguan children in order to support their educational, creative, and social abilities. Although Casa Xalteva is a bit more expensive than most schools in Granada, it is totally worth it. Not to mention that the profit made from the teaching goes to the program and other social activities.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank annesofi3
Ottawa, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Returned to Casa Xalteva this year, and to my home-stay.

Classes are great..Casa Xalteva supports neighbourhood children.
Homestays are only $90. US. A week, which includes all your meals..

Granada has a lot of museums, and in Feb a poetry festival when poets will be here from all over the world!
Casa Xalteva also helps out with "Nicaragua School Project" which supplies 600 kids with their school supplies twice a year!!

4 Thank Joyce D
Eugene, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful place for families”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I took Spanish lessons while our kids participated in the children's program with the local kids. We have a young son, so we also got a nanny. The kids had a great time, despite not speaking Spanish themselves. We were all close together, so we didn't worry. There was a pleasant mix of folks, from college kids to families. They seemed quite flexible with their focus on grammar, conversation, etc. The one guy who didn't appear to like this place appeared to want a less social atmosphere. We really felt like we were part of something here, not just taking a class at a business.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marshall W
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Hay Lugar Como Casa Xalteva”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I spent about 5 months in Granada taking classes at Casa Xalteva. The instruction I received from the staff at Casa Xalteva was incredible; everyone there genuinely wants you, and pushes you, to learn. I was pretty serious about learning spanish when I arrived in Granada and I would never have continued to take classes at Casa Xalteva if I had felt that I was not recieving the best, most effective, instruction available. Everyone at Casa Xalteva (the professors, the kids, Olma, Andres, and Juan Carlos) were, and I say this with all sincerity, the warmest, friendliest, most loving people I have ever known. The time I spent at Casa Xalteva truly changed my life for the better and I am so grateful to all the amazing people at this incredible school.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank jmill8

Travelers who viewed Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center also viewed

Granada, Granada Department
Granada, Granada Department

Been to Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center? Share your experiences!