“good teacher, a great community focused centre”

Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Casa Xalteva is a Non-Profit Spanish school with over 21 years of experience. In addition to our language school we also have a children's program which provides a safe and healthy environment to local children from poor families. All of our proceeds go towards the funding of this program. We commit to ensuring the best possible language tuition in which our students are welcomed into the Casa Xalteva family.
Comox, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“good teacher, a great community focused centre”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This organization next to the Iglesia Xalteva, takes students for courses - 4 hours a day 5 days a week. They recommend you stay with a host family. You can volunteer there as well although I would recommend that you allow time after taking classes to do this. I took courses for 3 weeks and did not get the volunteer time in I wanted, I will know better next time. The classes are one on one and quite informal. The place can get a bit noisy as the organization supports children in the local community with educational and other programs and so there are always kids around. It is a win win situation, you support the organization which does excellent work with the kids and you learn Spanish as well. Yes you even have homework . My thanks to Manuel, my teacher for his patience with my gringo accent. A special thanks to Lloyd, the intern, keep up the good work !

Visited November 2011
2 Thank cactus52

Travelers who viewed Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center also viewed

Granada, Granada Department
Granada, Granada Department

Been to Casa Xalteva (Spanish School) Education and Cultural Center? Share your experiences!