“Wonderful bookshop”
Review of Lucha Libro Books

Lucha Libro Books
Ranked #4 of 15 Shopping in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucha Libro has the most complete selection of books in English in Nicaragua and the best selection of books about Nicaragua in the world. T-shirts, hats, patches, stickers, organic coffee and coconut oil, water refills, postcards, postage, handmade bags, vintage Nicaragua collectibles and much more are also available.
Slagelse
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful bookshop”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

By accident I found this wonderful bookshop in the Central part of Granada. They had a huge collection of books from all over the world. It was easy to find new books for the vacation. The owners know quite a lot about books and music. It is a visit worth.

Visited February 2013

Dogtown, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Oasis - Refuge in a Strange Land!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wandering through the streets of Granada feeling a little homesick I ran across Lucha Libro books and my mind was blown. In a country with almost no English books wandering into the store was like being transported into an oasis!

There were a huge range of books neatly arranged, more than I could dream of reading for the next decade. The owner Troy was on hand to chat me up and offer quality suggestions. I left with two classics and a guilty pleasure, all books I'd wanted to read but never made time for.

Of all the amazing things I've seen since I started travelling south of the border who would have thought a bookstore would make my top 10 list? Lucha Libro is a must visit!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Devan S
La Mariposa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“World class bookstore”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I left the UK 7 years ago to move to Nicaragua at a time when most, if not all, of the independent bookshops were closing down. It is therefore truly amazing that a bookshop of this quality and with this huge range of books seems to be making a go of it in Granada. Troy stocks not only the stuff you would expect (ie travel guides, light fiction) for travellers but a wonderful collection of history books on Nicaragua, Latin America generally, US foreign policy, even climate change. If you are in Nicaragua and want to be better informed this is the place to go.
I should add that I own a Spanish school and now buy the resources for the school, including dictionaries, grammar books, Latino novels in Spanish at Lucha.
Now one of my all time favourite places in Nicaragua, and I have quite a few!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank paulettelamariposa
Granada, Nicaragua
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Books and Conversation”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

After spending quite a few weeks in Granada and complaining how much we wished we had more books to read, ta-da! We stumble across the most jammed pack filled with every type of book imaginable book store. You will be enlightened to lots of friendly conversation from the owner who will always help you find the book you are looking for. My friends and I passed many evenings sitting on the floor of the store pulling out books from all spots and chatting away. Lucha Libro really is a must stop by for anyone looking for more books in their travels and for some relaxing conversation!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Alicia M
chitre
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Books Galore!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Lots and lots of reading material! Lonelyplanet,Moon guide books and a mini library on Centro America and Nicaraguan history as well. Novels,auto/biographies and mucho mas!
They are very helpful and friendly. I traded books and got a good deal.They buy books too.
Great location on the Calle Calzada where you can sit in front of the store and drink coffee,,smoothies(which they sell) and people watch.....
I will return