“Lovely place”
Review of Hostal El Momento

Hostal El Momento
Ranked #6 of 75 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed in El Momento for three nights based on the review on TA. I stayed in the dorm.

The dorms have a number of double beds. I had one and loved it of course! Only seen double beds in dorms a handful of times on my travels and love it every time.

Location is excellent. Minutes from the Cathedral and main areas.

My friends in other hostels, which shall remain unnamed, actually left theirs to join me at El Momento.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hostel El Momento boasts an amazing courtyard are and lobby with iPads and Internet that you can use for free. Our group stayed in three private rooms that were all beautifully decorated and had their own fans. The shared bathrooms and kitchen were kept clean.

One of our favorite things was that the hostel really quieted down after 10ish so you could get a good night's sleep.

Christopher and his staff were very kind, helpful and willing to work with us! If you're looking for a hostel in Granada, I'd highly recommend El Momento.

Room Tip: The private room upstairs is fun to stay in and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Between 4 and 5 for Hostal El Momento in my book. I walked in and instantly loved the colonial style, the high ceilings and central courtyard. Zacharias at the front desk is very friendly and kind and makes you feel at home. I only stayed here for one day (time constraints), but would've liked to stay for longer. I stayed in the dorm which was 8 dollars a night per person which is a fantastic price for a place like this. My only (minor) grouse was that we didn't really meet very sociable people at the hostel. Everyone seemed to be in their own little group or stuck to their Ipad/laptop (the free Wifi's to blame maybe)...but aside from that, I had a lovely time here. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who goes to Granada.

Room Tip: The dorm's a steal. It's 11 people in the dorm, but the room is huge.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for mentioning the names of staff who will pass this information on to, it is important that our staff receive recognition.
Many guests do love our dorm because they feel it is alot more private than many other hostels plus all the beds have fans, lockers and electric outlets.

Regrading the guests not being sociable because of our wifi, I felt that was a little unfair to put the blame on the hostel when we live in an age were so many people want internet access everyday.
If we do not offer free wifi especially with nearly all hostels offering it then we will lose business.
We have received many comments and also seen many guests especially in the dorm going out on the town in large groups. It changes from day to day, week to week on the types of personalities of our guests, unfortunately we do not have control over this.

Again though thank you for taking the time to write and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of the country.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in the dorm room. Loved the hostel from the second we walked in. Big, spacious dorm room with large lockers. Curtains pull across between bunk beds to give you more privacy. Huge shower. Courtyard area was really pretty and nice to chill out in. The hostel quietens down after 1030pm (which was perfect for us as we had arrived off the back of 4 nights partying!) Computer and iPads available to use. The best wifi connection we have had so far in our 7 weeks in Central America! We also ate dinner there - Thai style food which made a nice change. The desk staff member who greeted us was incredibly helpful, as was the owner. They really knew what they were talking about and have good advice for transport out of granada, places to eat lunch, things to do. I would definitely stay here if I revisited granada and would recommend to everyone to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for very positive and informative review especially for the dorm as many travelers do not like dorms and some do not want mixed dorms but we get many guest who really enjoy our dorm for the space and privacy we try to offer.
We do try to get all our information on leaving Granada correct which can be difficult when there are no set schedules for buses but anything we do not know we will always try to get it for the guest.
Thank you for staying with us and really appreciate that you took time to write this.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in El Momento for 3 nights (2 in the shared dorm and the last one in a private room). It is probably the best place to stay in Granada: very nice and helpful staff, beautiful courtyard with hammocks, large dorms with comfortable beds. Located in the heart of Granada, we really enjoyed our stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been travelling all over Central- and Southamerica for more than 20 years - and from thousands of places I stood it's the best place ever. Great central location, nice, clean, smart and relaxing with great staff - especially lovely Ruth. I came for 2-3 days and remained a week in a smooth atmosphere with nice people. The private rooms are not rockbottom, but if you can share a room for two it's worth. Go there and enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

What a wonderful review and we honestly love our Spanish guests , some of the nicest you could ever meet.
We are honored that you said we are the best you have visited in 20 years.
You are right our prices are a little more than most hostels in town and the same price as some others but we do offer the safes and tv's plus very comfortable mattresses.
We hope that you get to visit us again, safe travels.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stood one night with my two friends on a room, the hostel is lovely decorated, has diferent spaces to relax and chill. plus u can use their ipads and the computers in the lounge.Chris, the owner and chef took his time to show us around and Zacarias was ready to help us with wichever request we had.thank u for putting more than people ask for

Room Tip: If u are three I d choose the room for three instead of the dorms, it has its own bathroom and tv an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends