“Can't get better in Granada”
Review of Hostal El Momento

Hostal El Momento
Ranked #5 of 65 Granada B&B and Inns
Gatineau, Qc
“Can't get better in Granada”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I were there for 3 nights in December 2012. We had a private room with a private bathroom. El dormitorio was very clean, bed very comfortable and the service exceptionnal. There is always someone available to answer your questions or to prepare you a great drink. Also, it was great to enjoy a fan, free wifi internet and tv with cable in our room. Which is luxury in Nicaragua remember... I had to plan transportation from the airport and they were really reliable. Even with a delay of 2 hours from my flight (of course I informed them of that), the taxi was there (40$ for 2 - 60 min drive). The hostal is located in a safe area, where it is easy to walk to visit the city. For 22USD$/night (taxes included) for two, you won't find better somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for making a review with us and taking the time to do so, you have passed on lots of information for your fellow travelers and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Every year we will try to put some little extra touches into the hostel, we are just over a year old now and trying to better ourselves.
Hope you can return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff at El Momento was very nice and helpful, made us feel at home right away.
The room was spacious, equipped with a much appreciated ceiling fan. Drawback were the thin curtains on the huge windows that faced the bathroom, so if someone went there and switched on the light with the door open our room was lit too waking us up sometimes.
The hostel sits in a quiet street, just a block from the central park.
It was one of the few hostels we stayed in in Nicaragua that had a guest kitchen, a small one but it did well.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about us, even though your complaint is small and you felt it was just a drawback we are going take action and will put some extra netting behind the curtain to take some of light from the bathroom. The light that is in the garden is coloured and for this reason also, it gives off enough light for people to see but not enough to disturb guests in the room but the light from the bathroom can be bright so we will fix this problem.
The kitchen in general does not get overcrowded and we have space outside for guests to prepare food, we wanted to have a kitchen for the guests as we know it is important and this is the only area for us to put it.
We hope that you get to return and that you also enjoyed the rest of the country.
Toronto
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I staid there 3 nights in Dec 2012 and the experience is amazing. Being a backpacker, I found everything i need: very clean and comfortable place to stay, super friendly stuff, laundry, wifi, bar... lanudry is cheap and very useful. This is the only hostel i lived with cheap laundry in centre america countries. and the location is great: 3 miniutes walk from town center and 5 minutes from bus terminal. Hostel looks very lovely, and i see some free ipad available for use. definitely recommend to go!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you Eva for writing the review and it is always good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff will be pleased to hear your comment also.
We have had complaints about why our laundry is not free so it is nice to hear that you thought we are cheap. We do offer another service for those to have it sent out and they are more expensive than us.
The washing machine we have was originally bought for the hostel but we wanted to offer another service for the guests, if we did not charge it would be very difficult for us to get the hostel bed sheets washed everyday so your comments are very important.
Hope to see you again if you return to the country.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've staid 2 days in Granada and I booked a bed in a dorms in Hostal El Momento !
This is a great Hostel with all the facilities you need ! The place is very clean and comfortable ! The staff remains available to help you ! it was really nice to stay there !

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I arrived after a very long bus journey from San Jose, Costa Rica. When I walked through the front door I was greeted by Ruth, a lovely lady who really made me feel welcome. She showed me around and even carried my bag to the dorm! The sheets on my bed smelled like lavender and the whole place just oozed tranquility. I couldn't have been happier with my choice of hostel. A real gem in the beautiful crown of Granada :D

berkeley, ca
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I can't say I have too much experience to compare to, but so far this is one of the best hostels I have had the pleasure to stay at. Things are really clean, the staff are friendly, wifi available, beds are great, lockers available in the dorms, etc. I especially like the courtyard. It's a nice place to relax, and its openness really invites meeting people. Location-wise, it's just 1 block from the main square... an easy walk which is helpful, especially at night where most of the walk back from the square is brightly lit except maybe the final 100 feet once you turn onto the calle de besos.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I'm staying here now and I have to say that this has been possibly the best sleep of my trip. Large, firm beds that let you stretch out. Very nice. A beautiful courtyard with a nice bar and a great seating area. The staff have been very friendly so far. One bit of criticism, they could use more bathroom. If you see it's available, grab it because it may not be available a moment later.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are extremely happy that you have been enjoying your stay with us and the staff have made your stay welcome.
We knew making the courtyard our central point for everyone to enjoy would be important for the guests as are good mattresses.
Apart from the bathrooms in the private rooms we currently have 1 bathroom to every 3-4 persons depending on occupancy, to improve on that we would have to build 4 more bathrooms and we would love to do that but there is the problem of space.
I do hope that you were informed we had 3 more bathrooms at the back of the courtyard that are not used so much and only busy for maybe 1 hour in the mornings.
Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time out to write a nice review.