Hostal El Momento
$100
$47
$55
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Agua(Granada)(Great Value!)
$60
$50
  • Pool
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
$308
$299
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdorm roomthe ownercommon areasquiet sideshared bathroomi stayed in a private roomcentral parksmall barcourtyard areaperfect locationthe main squareno hot waterquiet at nightla calzadaenjoyed my stayfanbeds
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was a great place to stay and an easy place to extend your itinerary at. I came for a couple nights and ended up staying a week. It is a block from the main square on the quiet side. Which is perfect. You can go out all night or stay in all night and always have a quiet place to rest. The food was exceptional and the staff is very helpful in everywhere. Rooms are clean and spacious and the dorms are full of wonderful people.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for response and happy that you enjoyed your stay, we would hope that you can return the next time your visit Granada, safe travels.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place was a great stay while just spending one night in Nicaragua. One of the employees, Roberto, was extremely helpful and patient when providing advice for a quick, one day, all-encompassing tour of the city. The location is awesome, one block from the Parque Central and a half block from the bank. The night life was also easy to figure out with a crew from the hostel. I stayed in a non-AC dorm and slept great with the fans. Overall, this place was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

We really appreciate you spending time to write a review after only 1 night, Roberto is aware of your comment and he too appreciates your review.
We pride ourselves on trying to help the guest and if we do not know the answer then we try to find out for the next time.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Really liked this place, I stayed 5 days. The decor and the ambience is very lovely and my room was very clean. The restaurant had excellent and affordable food (but the beer could've been a bit colder, lol). The only complaint would've been the other guests (nothing the hostel could've been in control or responsible for), stayed 5 nights and only one smiled at me and only one spoke to me and being a very open, friendly and polite person, I found it quite bizarre. I would've actually checked out a different establishment bcs of it, but the amazingly lovely, efficient, very friendly and helpful staff mOre than made up for the snotty guests, so I stayed.

But on a side note; pls remember its a very small world. A couple of weeks later I was at my favourite watering hole/hostel in Costa Rica where the staff adores me, (my secret to great relations with staff is treating them like appreciated and respected people and not like they're servants, bcs they're not) and lo and behold the snotty, unfriendly creatures were now staying there!. I had already told the staff/friends in Costa Rica (I had already made friends with them before I left for Nicaragua) about the 'precious creatures' I encountered in Granada and what a rude bunch of people they were. So once I pointed out they were the same ones from Granada, the staff/friends in Costa Rica immediately didn't care about 'serving' them anymore and basically didn't for the rest of their stay. I hope at least one of them was aware of what happened and realized if you want friendly, you got to be friendly, if you want to be respected, you got to give respect, its that simple.

1  Thank Cryss g

Thank you for taking the time to write a review but sorry that you were here and did not get to mix with the other guests. Like you said we have no control over the personalty of the guest that comes in.
Sometimes we can have 50 guests enter the hostel in 3 days and they do not spend much time here and other times we have guests that stay 5-10 days and get to know one another spending time in the bars and tours together.
We get many great comments on the staff and this is very important for us as we are very aware that it is not always the case when visiting a high class hotel or hostel.
Thank you again and glad you enjoyed most of your time with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at El Momento four five nights in March and found it to be excellent. It's in a perfect location, is reasonably secure, and has the requisite central courtyard so common (and awesome) in Nicaragua. The owner Chris was pleasant and helpful, and the rest of the staff was welcoming. I'd tell friends to stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in the dorm, which had massive (16 ft?) ceilings and was perfectly comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick N
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Pros: Great location, very helpful and knowledgable staff, clean.
Cons: Only two bathrooms for the rooms with shared bathrooms and the droms, owner not friendly.
Overall: Great deal (once again, great location)

Room Tip: I am in room 3. It is a great deal but it is IN the kitchen (not exaggerating).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BradyBraun
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about the hostel, I was sad to hear that I left a bad impression on you as I did not really see you in the day and a half you spent here, just very quickly in passing but I do remember pointing out the other bathroom to you one morning.
Regarding the bathrooms the dorm does actually have another bathroom too but if that is busy the guests sometimes come over and use the ones in the garden area.
We are building another bathroom too in slow season which will mean 3 bathrooms for the 3 privates with shared bathrooms. We are always looking to expand and listen to all our guests complaints whether it is personal or regarding the hostel.
Enjoy the rest of your stay in the country and thank you.