“Good meat”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fusion Cuisine Restaurant
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ordered the churrasco and was very good. Cold beers, nice service. Good price. Nice option if El Zaguan is full. No children playground.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

So I ordered the sea bass in aluminum foil- I had seen this method on a cooking show in the past on TV- it appeared a little under cooked but tasty- and maybe it was cooked as it was suppose to be- they gave me a small brochetta - a garlic type bread- salad- small empanada (hot)
I ordered a Tona cerveza and a Nicaraguan coffee after wards that the girl next store brought in- the waiters were attentive as I was the only one eating there at the time (lunch time).
Overall it was a good experience

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I traveled to Granada for the first time. We are at El Zaguan , and found it wonderful, but filled with tourists. On the advice of a local woman, we tried La Claraboya (owned by the same family, and next door). The food was outstanding, the service impeccable, the portions large, and the prices very very reasonable. We tried many items on the menu just to sample them, and the steaks were better than any we have ever had at home, even in very pricey upscale steakhouses.It was outstanding. We had to try the coconut flan-and it was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted-i just wish I would have saved more room for it!

1  Thank Dru_Quarles
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went twice, and first meal was great, but second meal was hardly edible. Got the Sea Bass in Gorgonzola sauce both times. First time was perfect. Second time there was virtually no sauce on the fish--very dry and tasteless. Apparently they made up for the lack of sauce by drowning the fish in salt. I could barely eat it because it was so salty. Had to leave a lot of it on my plate. Asked why there was no sauce on the fish and waiter told me it was under the fish. I looked under the fish but failed to find the sauce. Finally my wife requested extra sauce. And guess what happened when we got the bill? That's right, they charged us $2 for a tiny bit of Gorgonzola sauce, which should have come on the fish in the first place! This place is always empty when I've visited it. There's a reason why. Don't waste your time here--you may get a great meal, or you may not. Why gamble? There are a lot better quality restaurants around the corner on the main restaurant area that provide a consistent dining experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We dined at La Claraboya on the advice of a lady at our hotel's front desk and were not disappointed in the least. This was perhaps the best steak dinner we had in Nicaragua. The waiter recommended the Filet and we weren't disappointed with the presentation, flavor, tenderness, and value. Located in a converted corner Granada Colonial building, with windows viewing the street. The great dining experience was enhanced by the street scenes. As with other places we visited in Nicaragua, we felt we were very appreciated. I would recommend dining at this fine restaurant to all travelers as an integral part of the Granada experience.