“delicious steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Claraboya Restaurante

La Claraboya Restaurante
Ranked #17 of 155 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Seafood, Central American, Latin, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fusion Cuisine Restaurant
Los Angeles, California
“delicious steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

delicious steak dinner! had the recommended filet. one of the better meals of our trip!

two downers regarding service:
1. the steak came with a salad. waiter did not inform us. and we ordered a salad as appetizer. it was basically the same salad. if he had told us, we would have tried something else! instead, we got two identical salads with our entree.
2. usual 10% "optional" tip included with check. waiter than proceeded to tell us that the 10% tip was not enough for him and that we should give more. really?

still give 5 stars, since the food was good. but the service was NOT.

Visited April 2013

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
“Royal Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We came to this restaurant unannouced with 21 people and they gave us absolutely amazing service!! We were treated with the up most of repect and our every need was met. We were put into a special room that was just for us and we had a least 4 waiters with us at all times. The food was amazing. The prices were great and food was plentiful. We were so full when we left. I loved that the waiters spoke english too, very welcoming since we had been dealing with lots of people that didn't know english. I complemented one of the waiters on how wonderful everything was and the next thing I knew I was blessed with being introduced to the owner. He took an interest in the fact that we were on a tour day but were actually in Nicaragua on a missions trip. He also offered to help with anything we might have needed. To me that was above and beyond just stopping for lunch. The next week I took a second group of 20 back to the restaurant again. We again were greeted and treated like Royalty. We will be going back to Granada again next year when we continue the building project and we will be sure to stop by and eat in Gerardo's restaurant. I recommend it to everyone that goes to Granada. Don't leave without have at least one meal there.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Still providing good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Finding ourselves back in Granada, we naturally headed for La Claraboya looking for another good meal as experienced in January. We were not disappointed.

Three of us spent an enjoyable evening visiting and dining. The empanada appetizer was followed by their delicious salad. We all enjoyed our food which ranged from chicken with a lemon sauce; shrimp with proscuitto and a large serving of beef tenderloin. The entres included potato, veggie and rice and the portions were generous. This is seriously good food.

The tables are well-spaced, large and private, the linens are lovely and the service is good.

We enjoyed 3 beers, a bottle of good wine, plus two more glasses, an appetizer and three meals and the bill including tax and tip came to under $80.00.

This restaurant is well worth visiting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“This place is the real thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I took my family to this magnificent restaurant for the first time last week after it was highly recommended several locals. Their quality food topped the charts and that was not only for Granada, but out of all of the restaurants we ate at while visiting Nicaragua. My favorites were their churrazco and ceviche. Jeff M./ San Diego, California

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Perfectly cooked steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent a week in northern Nicaragua eating beans and rice so when I arrived in Granada I wanted some meat. Went to La Claraboya for dinner where I had great service and delicious food. The meal started with an empanada on the house. If that had been the entire meal I would have been happy. Then came the fresh green salad that had fresh beets it too was delicious. I ordered the most popular dish which was a steak, the second or third item on the menu. It was cooked to perfection, med. rare. The steak came with potatoes, rice, veggies, and bread. The bill including tax and tip was about $15 U.S. A couple days later I went to the steak restaurant around the corner and it was not nearly as good.