“Average food in a lovely setting”

Restaurante Ciudad Lounge
Ranked #24 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our menu is small in quantity, but big in taste. 6-7 Appetizers & 5-6 main plates, ranging in price from $10USD-$28. We are changing culinary style and service in Granada, Nicaragua. We are possibly the most expensive restaurant in Granada - but we do not compete with any restaurant in Granada. Warning: if you are traveling on a tight budget, please do not come to Ciudad Lounge as you will be terribly dissapointed and we will be sad that you couldn't enjoy our full range of offerings and this - what is almost 100% of the time a wonderful dining experience - will end up on this site as an experience from hell, due to the economic shortcommings of a client, that should not reflect on the style and performance of our restaurant. Average style-lounge-dining experiance is about $40/pp We assure you that your meal and time spent at Ciudad Lounge (average 3 hours) will be among your top 5 lifetime restaurant experiences. Welcome to the New Nicaragua Your Hosts Noemi & Chef Puro
Reviewed January 13, 2014

While we really took pleasure in the respite provided by this extraordinary spot in Granada, the food was simply not very innovative to me. Everything tasted fine, but the flavors were hardly complex or new. It's clear that the proprietors are working very hard to make a name for themselves, and I wish them the best.

1  Thank JZAA
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Restaurante Ciudad Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Friend from Ann Arbor Michigan in the United States.

We feel terrible you were disappointed in our cuisine.
We strive to look for more and more hard to find ingredients to charm all tastes, but - it appears - we failed to dance in your mouth.

Hope the winds will bring you to Granada, again, so that you can give a different dish a try, perhaps.

With advances in space exploration, we are encouraged and look forward to other species of protein and rare ingredients that may not fail.

We respect this review and appreciate your level of sophistication in food. However, we only wonder how the rest of your meal experiences were in Nicaragua - since CIUDAD LOUNGE is at the cutting edge of food..

Thank you for visiting the New Nicaragua.
We trust and hope to see you at our restaurant again, to chat about food.

Your Friends.

CIUDAD LOUNGE.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was directed to the Cuidad Lounge upon a recommendation from the staff at Miss Margrit's Guesthouse. It turned out to be the best night of my 5 night stay in Granada. I arrived at 4PM and did not leave until long after the restaurant closed, enjoying the peaceful, relaxing "Atmosphere" and "Experience" that Naomi and William (the owners) are looking to create for their patrons with Cuidad Lounge. For me, I was treated more like a special guest in their expansive and extremely well decorated home rather than an American eating dinner at a restaurant, and there's a distinct difference between the two experiences.

Regarding the costs, I wouldn't recommend Cuidad Lounge to anyone who is more concerned about watching their Nicaraguan córdobas at the expense of enjoying a truly unique experience akin to being treated like royalty. With the latter, you get what you pay for. So for me, the experience was worth the value. I personally like being treated like gold and I'm willing to pay the price, which isn't unreasonable, unless you're expecting to pay less simply because it's Nicaragua.

The food was prepared with the greatest of detail. My mouth exploded with flavor with the tomato bisque soup with pieces of fried cheese. That alone was an experience. The taste was superb. Then I enjoyed the beef tenderloin which was presented as a work of art, and rightfully so, these dishes are carefully planned and prepared with an artist's perfection. I finished my meal with the chocolate tart with a vanilla sorbet, which was delectable. I also enjoyed a few glasses of vino tinto bringing me back to my time in Spain, a cafe con leche, and a Nicaraguan cigar, a Santiago.

What added to the enjoyment of my dinner was the ambience overall . The interior design of Cuidad Lounge is in itself a work of art from the custom made tables and chairs, to the art on the walls, to the unique pieces of pottery on consignment and ready for sale. I also like the loft type environment, huge open kitchen, and the upper deck offers a view of the volcano in the distance, which for a dinner party would be a tremendous added value.

Finally, the service. Incredible. Anthony and Brad Pitt were on top of everything, yet not in an intrusive way. They were providing the service that one would expect at a fine dining, upscale restaurant. If you thought about something, they seemed to read your thoughts and were right there to accommodate the request. Empty glasses and dirty plates do not sit for very long, or at all. And I didn't feel hurried by it. In fact, I attempted to leave 2 times because many hours had passed and I didn't want to overstay my welcome, but something about the atmosphere kept drawing me back and I would find another place to sit and enjoy. I also have to comment on the cleanliness of the kitchen. I'm sorry that I don't recall her name, William's assistant in the kitchen. She did not stop wiping things down or cleaning the kitchen the entire time I was there -hours - and she didn't stop for a second. For me personally, this adds value to my experience knowing that attention to detail extended into the kitchen where it really matters and that the staff were being ingrained by it.

In summary, if you're looking to be treated like gold in Granada while enjoying a delicious meal, a glass of wine, a cigar, the pleasant company of William and Naomi....and you're not overly concerned about your Cordobas or just getting a cheap meal because you're in Nicaragua.....then I would put this on your list of must visit while in Granada. My recommendation would be to plan to stay awhile and really enjoy the experience - that's where you will get the most value.

Thank you Naomi and William for making my stay in Granada a truly memorable one. And I wish you the best in your journey to bring culture and sophistication to Nicaragua. With great esteem, your friend, Jason.

Friend from Miami in the United States.

Lovely evening.
Thank you.
See you soon in Granada.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Ciudad Lounge is a few blocks from the main square. Run by a friendly accessible Nicaraguan-American chef and his Mexican-American wife, the restaurant offers new menu choices every week. We had manta ray! (which was a nice white fish) and local Nicaragua lobster on pasta as main courses, both delicious. You do NOT smell The adjoining cigar lounge. Very nice dining experience.

Dear Frances from Omaha Nebraska in the United States.

Always Travel Well.

Best for the Best

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Beautiful space. Service is excellent & food incomparable to any other restaurant in Granada. Highly recommended!

Friend from Portland, Oregon in the United States of America

Thank you Sir.

Best for the Best

in the New (War Free) NIcaragua

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The menu changes frequently at Ciudad Lounge but after our meal last night I believe anything you order will be excellent.

We had the olive bread and cheese plate to start and while the olives and cheese were good - the bread was clearly baked in house and so delicious... Great texture and flavor (served hot).

My boyfriend's lobster pasta dinner was only $19 usd and was perfect. It was probably the best lobster I've ever had (okay I stole some) and he declared after that if it was socially acceptable to lick the plate he would.

Normally I would order steak but I decided to try something new and ordered manta ray (they were out of eel) and vegetables. I'd never had manta ray before but I loved the texture and the vegetables were such a relief after the meat heavy plates I've been getting in Latin America these past few months.

The cocktail of the day was a little strange... But not bad. I just was simply not able to properly describe the flavor to my boyfriend who doesn't drink.

We finished the meal with a delicious cherry tart, perfect gelato and a cigar.

Great Restaurant and cigar lounge! The service was impeccable.

1  Thank Alex W

Dear Alex from Burlingame, California.

We enjoyed serving you in style at CIUDAD LOUNGE.
With a lot of frequency we explain to the staff that every person that comes to CIUDAD LOUNGE is a person that will have an experience that won't be forgotten soon.

It takes us back to our honey moon in Costa Rica (yes, Costa Rica, we know.... we know...) where the hotel where we were staying (this was a lot of years ago, but won't say), called Villa Nina (no longer in existence, we believe (replaced by a Marriott, we were told, but can't confirm it), knew of of Noemi's birthday in June and they ordered a cake (tres leches) and surprised her in the hotel balcony (with my help [William], of course), but the point is that we still remember that detail.

So, I tell we tell our staff to imagine that it is them on a honey moon dinner in Nicaragua and to treat the affair as such during our client's visit. That includes the level of noise, level of attentiveness to the table, etc., etc., - yes, we fuss about it (some, like Alex and his partner, find it impeccable, while others think it may be excessive and intrusive - at the end, it is the same: details and care about your visit and dinner experience at CIUDAD LOUNGE).

Thank you Alex for visiting CIUDAD LOUNGE in the New Nicaragua.

Your Hosts