“THE place for special occasions”

Restaurante Ciudad Lounge
Ranked #27 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our menu is small in quantity, but big in taste. 6-7 Appetizers & 5-6 main plates, ranging in price from $10USD-$30 We are changing culinary style and service in Granada, Nicaragua. We are possibly the most expensive restaurant in Granada - but we do not compete with any restaurant in Granada. Welcome to the New Nicaragua Your Hosts Noemi & Chef Puro
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I live in Granada and have been several times at Ciudad Lounge. The same Restaurant in Miami, with this wonderful ambiance and extraordinary food would be full but every evening and you would get a table only with reservation. At Ciudad lounge you just call, they pick you up and you spend an unforgettable evening. A colonial experience for everybody looking for something different. We love it! See you soon again. Jacqueline & Remo

1  Thank Remo A
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Restaurante Ciudad Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Remo.

It was great to have you in the restaurant with your friends; it is a distinct pleasure to serve you each time you visit the restaurant.

Travel Well.

Your Hosts

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ciudad Lounge is my favourite place in Granada to get a cocktail and have a quiet dinner, in a modern sanctuary off the busy streets. The owners make the experience all the more wonderful by gracing their guests with their warm presence. I love the fact that there is a small menu that changes often, so you know they can focus on what they are making and do it really well. The ambience is perfect, great for a romantic dinner, or an intimate catch up with friends. There is always a new martini to try and they are always so delicious, my favourite is one with tomato and ginger! This place is perfect for people living/traveling in Nicaragua who want to remember what it's like to experience great service!

1  Thank Azafran E

Dear Friend.

Stunning, thank you. Modern, thank you. Intimate, thank you.
You truly get what CIUDAD LOUNGE is trying to do here in Nicaragua.

Style for Style.

Your Hosts

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Granada has a wonderful getaway restaurant in Ciudad Lounge. When you want to pamper yourself to great service, ambiance and extraordinary food, this is the place. The prices are higher than some, but the whole package is well worth it for something special. They have a good wine selection and the martinis are good.

1  Thank AmyLouise55

Dear Amy.

Thank you for your review.
Noemi and I are glad that you choose CIUDAD LOUNGE to celebrate your special dining occasions, when in town.

Welcome to CIUDAD LOUNGE.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

What an escape-- a very uniquely designed venue with excellent, creative menu items. The chef personally visited our table and took our requests; it was fascinating to watch him work through the windows into the kitchen-- cooking up world-class creative menu items at a moderate price. Highly recommended when in Granada!

1  Thank Marc B

Marc.
It was our pleasure to serve you.
Welcome to CIUDAD LOUNGE.

Style for Style.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Granada on business and this restaurant was only a block away from my hotel. After passing it a couple of times I realized I had received a coupon for a free Martini of the day in their lounge. On our way to dinner one evening my business associate and I decided to stop in and enjoy or complimentary drink. The entire place was empty with us being the only guests.
We were graciously escorted to a wonderful area in the lounge where we enjoyed our drinks.
We ordered another round and since the staff and the Hostess (who turned out to be the co-owner along with her husband the chef) were so nice and accommodating. After looking at the menu and seeing the lobster tails (at a very good price) we decided to stay for dinner. After being seated and having another drink we were disappointed to hear they were out of lobster. Since we wanted seafood both of us ordered the snooker fish filet which was very good. And highly recommended by the hostess.

We were a little surprised that nothing accompanied the entre. Not even bread. We both ordered a salad which was good as well and followed it with desert. Honestly I don't remember what we had but, know we both enjoyed our selections. When we left... we were still the only people in the restaurant for at least the past 2 hours. We enjoyed our meal greatly and felt when received the bill it was very reasonable for what we had.

The owner/hostess invited us back to enjoy their wine offer of "Pay for 2 glasses of wine and get the remainder of the bottle for free." We left thoroughly enjoying our dinner and looked forward to returning later in the week.

We checked the next two days to see about the Lobster and were informed their suppliers had not delivered lobster, reason being the lobster catch had not produced those large enough to sell to the restaurant. Finally, after the 4th day of our stay and a stressful day we decided to stop in and take advantage of the wine special. We were quite impressed by the wine and after being joined by a 3rd colleague we all decided to stay for dinner. Again, we were the only three people in the restaurant and/or lounge area.

Disappointed again.... no lobster but, urged to check back tomorrow. I had enjoyed the snooker fish before so decided to have it again. From the taste it was not the same fish I had enjoyed only days before. I immediately shared my disappointment with the Hostess/Owner who quickly removed it only to return with a comment regarding the chef used the wrong sauce. This time it tasted even worse.

When commenting on my concern about the freshness? the response I received was that it was only 3 days old. I sent it back the second time explaining it tasted nothing comparable to the meal I had enjoyed days earlier and that I didn't feel comfortable eating it. Since my two friends had already finished their meals I told them I had lost my appetite.. They quickly returned to the table with a chicken dish within minutes which I ate and was good. However, I didn't go to eat chicken. LOL. We paid our bill (which included the chicken) and left taking our unfinished bottles of wine which turned out costing us $ 12.00 a bottle. Really great wine for the price but, the experience was definitely not consistent with the meal we so enjoyed days earlier.

The ambiance was outstanding, the staff was accommodating and extremely pleasant and we loved the hostess/owner. We never met her husband the chef but, was assured he was there.

We really wanted to make this restaurant our favorite of the trip but, its' inconsistency and inability to provide items listed on their published menu made us a little questionable about their intent to provide what they were offering. After reading reviews from other guests I see this is a very typical pattern. We also were told they were expanding and adding another location closer to the town center. Which made us question their intentions even more. Unless they have extremely deep pockets they need to replace the chef with an individual who is consistent and knows how to prepare the food in the manner it is presented. If not, unfortunately their is no way either location can survive.

7  Thank Marsha W
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Restaurante Ciudad Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Ladies.

Let's begin by accepting that even this humble restaurant that the New York Times rated "most exciting restaurant in Nicaragua," on January of 2013 can and will get it some times wrong.

This one is a tough one.
Here we go:

Our first mistake: accepting to do a wine promotion.
(Contractual obligation from our wine supplier, which by the way, is one of only two wine suppliers in Nicaragua - so, we have to work with them - not playing ball will leave us in a situation of having to import our own wine, for sure).

The wine promotion week brought a mix of very interesting clients.

Mistake number 2 - offering a booklet of welcome martinis to a local B&B as a form to build referrals and compliment each other, to offer a complete Granada experience to visitors of the Hotel.

Mistake number 2(a) – combining the free welcome martini with the wine promotion.

Error number 3: For this we will nudge some blame to Mother Nature and the rest to us for not having an official policy of dispatching and managing the ever-growing popularity of our whole lobster dish. Shame on Lobsters for not letting themselves caught on that particular week – Shame on the fishing community of Pearl Lagoon for not producing the delectable creatures to make available to our passionate client.

And we kept making mistakes; number 4: accommodating this client and guests to utilize our lounge area as an office (starting to serve the promotional wine) setting up extra lighting, as the evening fell on them (continuing to serve the promotional wine), enjoyment with the attention of our entire male staff, while enjoying more of the promotional wine and doing work until dinner hour arrived.

Fatal Mistake number 5: Not continuing to serve the promotional wine? No. It was the reproachable request from us to one of the three guests to not use the facial/hand, warm towel to clean her tired feet, which didn’t go very well on the lady.

On to the food and the final mistake of the evening: “repairing” the dish 3 times only to be returned each time, to finally settling on another dish that was wiped cleaned. Here, a simple “I didn’t like the sauce on the first dish” would have been sufficient, we suggest.

This is one of those instances where too much of a good thing was really “too much of a good thing.” The wine promotion was an exceptional one for these ladies and one that they could not pass, or handle in quantity.

We made mistakes.
They will not be made again.

Since that fun week, we have returned to our normal, horribly scary pricing and things are back to normal with our typical style of clients.