“You guys saved the trip”
Review of Hospedaje Valeria

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granada
Hospedaje Valeria
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a bad experience coming into Nicaragua. The taxi driver left me off at Hospedaje Valeria. My trip did a 180 when I met Valeria and Franco, they made me forget my problems and Made me feel at home I had the time of my life. The staff was great. What a great way to see Granada. I will be back next year to see everyone. Granada is much older than any city in the U.S. one of those old colonial cities. Don't pass up a chance to see Granada.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tmac1949

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hospedaje Valeria is a great place to stay. Especially bescause of the great staff. They are very helpfull and friendly. The situation is great. The Hospedaje is located directly in the center of granada and it's not noisy. also the garden is beautiful. They can also organise Tourguides for you or taxis to the airport. I only missed a real window in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Valeria, the owner, is fabulous. She's just tops. She is the reason we came back to Valeria's on our return swing through Granada.

The accommodations are great by Nicaraguan standards! Clean, hot water, comfortable. What more can you ask for? We stayed here twice - the first time we were downstairs, which was a bit noisy in the morning but that's just because there were some kids playing outside of our door (I don't think that is a normal occurrence). The second time we stayed we were upstairs in a room with 3 beds - they were unfortunately extremely uncomfortable and we left with back pain. Another issue that is extremely common in Nicaragua was bats - sometimes they leave little poops, and in the upstairs rooms you can hear them in the ceiling. Besides that - wifi, tv, hot water, air conditioning, a nice stay in Granada.

The only thing that left us with a bit of a bad taste was on our last night there. We saw a single man walk into the hotel with a much younger local girl, who left alone about 20 minutes later after heading to their room. I know I was a bit naive to be surprised by this, but in a hotel where families stay I was a little disappointed that these things would occur at Valeria's. I wish that we didn't see this!

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs are better!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Definitely have to stay here just for Valeria! A great way to get to know a wonderful local, and locals. Super hospitable! This is a cute little place, right off the main drag but safe and quiet. Close to tour companies, and the main city sights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The place is really nice by Granada standards. The rooms are clean, there is AC, they are very quite. There is Internet and bikes for the visitors. But you really need to talk to Valeria. She is awesome! I can't describe her in a few words, the shortest description is I think she is a kind of person everyone would like.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank heckfy
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were brought here at night by an extortionate taxi driver but it could have been worse!

Welcomed by the very friendly and eccentric Valeria, she made us feel very welcome and is a great host. We stayed for three nights.

We generally spend around $20 a night but were tired and couldn't be bothered looking at any other places. For $35 a night it is good value with a/c, cable TV and hot water - the rooms are older but spotless with comfortable beds and modern a/c.

The courtyard is tranquil and the location is great. Very close to the action, but not close enough to hear the noise.

If you are looking for cheaper accommodations check out El Momento and La Siesta.

Room Tip: There is an upstairs room that sleeps 5 people for $70 and the normal rooms are $35 with AC cable TV...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kungfukitty_oz
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great value for the money. Clean, attentive staff, no chocolate on the pillow at night but who needs that for $35 a night. Located 1/2 block from the Calle Calzado (walking street) it is near multiple restaurants and night spots and most of the things tourists want to see in Granada. My only complaint is the saggy mattress was a bit hard on my back. Attribute this to being elderly and fat! Great value and I would come back in a heartbeat. There is a great bookstore with English books 2 blocks away. Granada is a great walking town!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo