“Not what I expected!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The thing about this place that makes it very tasteless is that they have so much food on their menu. Tacos, burritos, quesedillas, burgers, steaks, kebabs etc.. Been there twice. First time I had a steak, which was alright, wouldn't say spectacular - but alright. I asked for medium cooked and came out OVER well done. Second time I had tacos, which was the worst tacos I've ever had. 3 small tacos served with chicken and a small bowl of raw onion. Completely tasteless. Very disappointing indeed.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Went here on my first night in Granada. Ordered a beef quesadilla and a diet coke. The atmosphere of the restaurant was great. Sat on the deck outside underneath the white Christmas lights listening to U2 and Red Red Wine while looking out on the cathedral nearby. That was awesome. The food itself was not great. The beef in the quesadilla seemed to be a runny shredded beef -- similar to pot roast -- not great and not what I was expecting. However, the red salsa that came with the quesadilla was the best salsa I've had in my entire life. I dumped it over the quesadilla and forgot about the slightly nasty taste of the quesadilla meat and devoured every single bite and contemplated drinking the rest of the salsa out of the bowl. I was in heaven. I haven't stopped thinking about that salsa since I got here. I hope you can bottle it and take it back to the states. :)

Reviewed April 10, 2012

You MUST try the quesadilla here, I really liked the one with chicken. Very cheap, but soooo delicious!!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Located just two blocks from the central square this restaurant is an attempt to replicate an American bar and grill here in Granada. It does a reasonable job providing options from mozzarella sticks in the appetizers menu, to "steaks" off the grill.

I ordered a steak with mushroom sauce. Understand the local definition of steak is a slab of meat about a half inch thick. Do not expect to be served a one inch ribeye, you'll be disappointed. It came with rice, mashed potatoes and salad. The potatoes were flavored with cheese and garlic which made them particularly palatable, but a little runny. The meat was cooked to my choice (Med) and the sauce came with a peppery kick which was nice.

My friend ordered a cheeseburger and fries. Nothing remarkable here other than the patty was probably 1/3 to 1/2 lb before cooking. A generous portion.

As is typical here do not expect to be waited on. If you politely ask for what you require you will receive it shortly, if you sit and wait you'll sit and wait. Service here is at a much slower tempo than the quick turnover you come to expect back in the states.

Total for the meal including 2 iced teas was CD$600 (US$26).

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were really disappointed with this place. Four of us sat down on the outdoor patio for food and drinks. We were the only ones there, which should've been our first clue, but it took forever to get any service. When our orders were finally taken it took over an hour for the food to arrive. Two of the meals were merely ok, but mine and a friend's chicken wings arrived practically raw. We sent them back, but after another go round in the kitchen they arrived again just barely cooked. They tasted awful and we ended up not eating them. It took forever to order a drink. The staff were not very friendly and were very inattentive. It shouldn't take twenty minutes to get a beer when there are more staff than customers. It wasn't cheap either and we were charged for our inedible chicken wings. This was the only bad meal we had on our entire trip to Nicaragua. Give it a miss.