“Unique Tours, Great Value”
Review of Gioconda Tours

Gioconda Tours
Ranked #17 of 48 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: "Gioconda Tours" is a unique and original guide service that you can find here, offering custom your tours and special events you chose transportation, private or sharing in public, your commodation, entrance fees to the main touristic attrations, as well as parks and natural reserves, volcanoes, islands, and during guiding tours you will listen and learn somethings new about nicaragua since inmemorial times until our time; general information,general geology, natural history, forest, faune, volcanoes, art, culture and more... Gioconda is a nicaraguan National bilingual and profesional tour guide speaking spanish official leguage and english, she will sing national songs and poems in spanish during some tour if you want to listen in different locations, it is an artistical complement. "take pictures and video" In her site you can contact also make schedules for personalized visit in site for organize and to get more in contact. Make 1 day, 2 days, or 3 days in Granada your touristic destination. BUY HERE your Tourist Card DISCOUNT to get from; _ 5_10_15% for your commodation, food and drinks, private transport, guide service, guiding tours, and entrance fees. We organize and customize the best that you chose!
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We took a guided tour with Gioconda up Mombacho Volcano and she was a fantastic guide. She was very knowledgeable about the area, history, local culture and flora & fauna, spoke great English and took us through the cloud forest in a traditional nicaraguan dress! On top of all that she even sang us traditional nicaraguan songs. All of this for $5 per hour per person.

Fantastic value. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Paul M

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I made the lucky decision to request a tour later that afternoon at the tourist office (right on the corner along Parque Central) and Gioconda totally brought to life the city for me. It has an incredibly rich history, and she recreates it very well. She also sings really beautifully, for me it was inside of the church and the fancy hotel. Everyone around there knows so it is like some of her glamour and magic extends you. Loved it.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I highly recomend Gioconda for your tour in Granada! We did a city tour on a horse drawn carriage. I am normally into more adventure activities or eating/dining than city tours but she was excellent. People like Gioconda that we met throughout our trip really made our experience of Granada and the rest of Nicaragua special. She was warm, informative, appreciative and had an amazing voice! At the end of the tour she even sat down with us for an hour to discuss life in Granada and the history of her country. I really appreciated her tour and would recommend it to anyone interested in a friendly and professional guide.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Gioconda is a sweet woman you'll see strolling along the streets of Grenada in 18th century dress. She knows everything about Granada and will sing traditional songs of Nicaragua as u walk through the town. It may seem strange at first but it was a little different but lots of fun. She is listed in Lonely Planet Nicaragua. As it turns out she was hanging out in our hotel lobby and we're glad we meet her. She offers several tours of different lengths. We did a short walking tour around the town center and we rented bikes from her. Which is a great way to see the city. The tour itself is informative, But what you won't get is the amazing sound of Gioconda belting out these lovely Nicaraguan melodies in settings with so-so to amazing acoustics. WE enjoyed her tour & ALL the information she has to offer...She even know the words to I LOVE NEW YORK... how could u not love her...

1  Thank 718world_traveler
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Gioconda is the woman you occasionally see strolling along the streets of Grenada in 18th century woman's dress. Her tour includes traditional songs of Nicaragua, that are appropriate (in one way or another) to the site.

She is listed in Lonely Planet Nicaragua and sometimes in Wikipedia entries about Grenada Tourism Activities. As it turns out she found us while we we dining outside near the town plaza and we're glad she did. She offers several tours of different lengths. We did a short walking tour of a couple hours around the town center, in retrospect we wish we had time for a longer tour but we were leaving the city right after her tour.

Various sources describe her songs as opera. She made it clear to us that she sings traditional Nicaragua songs and not opera.

The tour itself is informative, maybe a little dry. You can probably get the most of same information from riding around in one of the horse drawn carriages and asking the driver to explain. But what you won't get is the amazing sound of Gioconda belting out these lovely Nicaraguan melodies in settings with so-so to amazing acoustics. I do not know Spanish but I enjoyed the music and the experience was sublime. She had a pretty bad cough that day and still, a couple of times, the music sent tingles down my spine. I wonder what she would be like on a good day? No wonder people think she is singing opera! Several times on our short walk, bystanders joined in.

I admit that the whole idea of a singing tour is a, roll your eyes, get-me-out-of-here gimmick and maybe she's not everyone's cup of tea but thru some magic that I can't explain she pulls it off.

1  Thank JohnRrichmondCa