“Great overall experience!”

Ranked #4 of 46 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend Leo Tours. I wanted to see more of Granada while I was there by myself. I went on the Masaya volcano night tour. First, it was an amazing experience to see. Second, I was set up with transportation to the volcano, received a guide in English and was able to join another group to meet more people. All went very smoothly and the owner and guides were all extremely polite.

I also took the Isletas evening tour on a different day. After reading some reviews on here it seems as though people had a bad experience with the night tour due to having to ride a bike. We were offered the option of biking or going in a car, so we had no such issues. They provided us with a Spanish speaking guide that knew English in case we has questions. They provided food for us to feed the monkeys and we stopped at one island and had fresh fruit and a coco loco (coconut with run inside). We also stopped at the fortress island, which was an interesting piece of history.

Lastly, when you book a tour through them you get free bike rental for the day of or next day. I went back on a third day, got my free bike rental and got to explore the city on my own.

Highly, highly recommend:

1  Thank Constance W

Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we saw Leo's Tours we were unsure if we wanted to do it or how the quality of the trip would be, but we took a chance and brought a ticket for the Island Tour, which also included free bikes to explore Granada for the whole day! That was a total bonus and it worked out really well because our boat trip was at 3 so during the rest of the day we rode the bikes to the real downtown of Granada. It was such a fun adventure! Our boat was 15 minutes away from Leo's Tours stand so we had a gorgeous bike ride there along the beachfront and saw tons of horses free on the beaches. The boat tour was so incredible! We took the sunset tour and had a great guide. His information was very credible. We went to 3 islands and learned so much about Granada itself. I got to feed monkeys and go to amazing ancient ruins! You also stop at an island where the locals live and eat fresh fruit and coconut juice. one thing i would recommend is bug spray and/or malaria pills, just incase. The sunset was beyond words! I love Leo's Tours!

1  Thank Jasmine K
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I had a week in Nicaragua and we spent a few days in Granada. For one of the days, we were looking to get out of the city to see some of the beautiful environment in the surrounding areas. We stopped into Leo's and ended up booking a day of kayaking, swimming and hanging out at the Laguna de Apoyo, about 30 minutes outside the city.

Our experience with Leo and his team was not only positive, but we left very impressed with the customer service and genuine care that Leo had for us as his customers. Our trip consisted of a car ride out to the Laguna, where our payment paid for entrance to the reserve, and to the resort where there were kayaks, a swimming area, relaxing chairs and wonderful service. We essentially paid for access to this area for the whole day, and the use of their kayaks, etc. It was absolutely wonderful, we were able to explore the Laguna, swim in the clear warm water, relax a bit, and catch a world cup game at the bar. And then Leo's colleague came back and picked us up.

It was after the trip that really left us impressed. We asked Leo for a suggestion to a similar tour operator in Leon, and he wrote down the name and number of friend who he said we should call. Later that night as we were walking down the main street home from dinner (while discussing how much fun we had and how we were impressed that Leo remembered our names everytime we stopped in), we heard our names being called from the side of the street. Leo spotted us, and wanted to let us know that he had called his friend in Leon personally, to tell him we'd be calling.

We were very appreciative of how excited, genuine and helpful Leo was throughout our entire time working with him and would recommend him to anyone looking for a good experience exploring Granada!

(and we didn't even get to take him up on the offer that included free use of the bikes after our kayak rental!!)

-Mike + Jessica

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm usually not one for group tours, but I'm really happy we decided to stop in to the little Leo tours office to inquire about seeing the islands surrounding the town by boat. So beautiful! Our nice guide Leo did the tour in English and Spanish and was informative without droning on and on which is nice, because I enjoyed the opportunity to relax and chat with my friend and the other young travelers. A bike ride, navigating the islands by small boat, eating fruit and coconuts with rum on one island and feeding the monkeys at another, seeing the anti-pirate fort, and watching the sunset on the water—good value, chill people, and supporting a local business. Would recommend!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I did the afternoon Isletas Tour with Eric. The price was very reasonable, and we ended up having a private tour of the isletas, which couldn't have gone any better. Leo is fantastic and clearly is making an effort at improving the community, and Eric was a friendly and informative guide. We had a wonderful day, and definitely felt we got our money's worth.

The next day we did a custom tour with Danilo as our private driver (Spanish speaking only). He took us to the Pueblos Blancos, Laguna de Apoyo lookout, then into Laguna de Apoyo for the entire afternoon, where we swam, kayaked, and had delicious food and cocktails. Danilo took us anywhere we wanted to go, stopped whenever we wanted him to stop, and gave us as much time as we needed, along with recommendations of what was worthwhile.

Leo is great, and he gave us postcards and other gifts as a personal thank you. After two days with his outfit, we were the ones who were genuinely thankful!