The Treehouse
$78
La Fortaleza Granada Resort(Granada)(Great Value!)
$45
$67
$135
$92
$78
$66
$50
  • Breakfast included
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
$330
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
$40
$38
Hotel Terrasol(Granada)(Great Value!)
$26
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Pergola(Granada)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree shuttlehowler monkeystree houseopen mic nightunique hostelfamily dinnerdrop toiletssuspension bridgethe ownerfamily stylelocal swimming holebig climbfood drink pricesdrinking gamessuper chillgood vibesjungle canopy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Poste Rojo was a great place to hang out, relax in a hammock and watch the howler monkeys lumber through the trees all around you. Absolutely beautiful sunset and seeing the howler monkeys silhouetted in the trees was amazing. We had a great group there that got along and thus had a fabulous time partying the night away followed by a movie projected for all to see. Great time!

However, the staff was definitely lacking. The guy and girl that drove us to there from Granada gave me a horrible impression of the place right off the bat. They answered any questions with one word answers then blasted the music on the ride....I'm pretty sure so that they didn't have to talk to anyone. When we arrived we were shown the rooms and then the drivers disappeared. Considering the facilities at the treehouse, it would have been quite nice to have a tour of where everything was and to make sure that people were using the toilets, etc correctly. The staff at the place also was pretty useless. They seemed to be brand new and when asked if there were any places to go hiking or do something besides sitting in the hammocks I got a "yeah, probably. I guess you could walk down the road".

It's definitely a place beautiful place and worth a visit if you have a day to kill, especially if you need some down time. After falling in love with a similar place in Panama I was hoping for something even close to that experience. I planned on staying 2-3 nights, but left after just one because there really didn't seem to be much of anything to do here. Cool place, but if you're backpacking through Central America, I'd say you could miss it if you're going to Lost and Found in Panama.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
PosteRojoMan, Manager at The Treehouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Your 100% correct. Sometimes during the slow months good help is hard to find. I have since fired the staff that was inattentive to you and brought on a new more energetic crew. Everyone has a bad day but that doesn't excuse them for not taking care of you.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Poste Rojo is a magical place where nature and humans collide. A place where monkeys and humans share the earth and the air, tilting back their heads to bask in the sun and howl to the wondrous moon. Nature creeps and crawls, chirps and screams all around the trees. The humans, they watch at first; they observe this nature that has been hidden from them for so long behind society's walls. The humans, they are not sure what to make of the trees and the crazy man who built this new society, so they sit in a hammock and they watch. Suddenly, the humans take off their shoes. They feel the soil beneath their toes. They peer at the spider beside them with a nod of acceptance and they begin their climb. The humans, they learn to listen to the thudding in their souls, to throw their inhibitions to the wind, to raise their arms to mother nature and scream out to their home, their innate home in the trees with their new family.

As the full moon rises, listen to your animalistic nature, listen for the bass bumping through the jungle and go out and find the humans in the trees, dancing with the scorpions, birds and monkeys.
~~~~~~~~~
I've been thinking a lot about Poste Rojo recently and I decided to check in on her. It saddens me to see negative reviews about Poste Rojo because these people, there must be something wrong with their minds, somewhere along the way their minds became closed off. What a shame.

While I was traveling through CA, I heard of Poste through the grapevine and hiked over for a visit. My friend and I loved what we saw and decided to come back to volunteer for a couple of weeks. Well, a couple of weeks turned into to a couple of months. Throughout my eight months of travel in Latin America, Poste Rojo still stands out in my memory as one of the best experiences of all. Much thanks to the owner, Chad for making this magical place a reality.

Tips - This is not the place for the high maintenance traveler (Nor the weak ankled! Steep rocky terrain!) Come with an open mind. Expect to use a porta potty. Expect to shower with minimal water- it's all brought up the mountain by hand! Expect the possibility of a power outage, which is common in a small Nica town. Expect to bunk with a few spiders and scorpions. I never had a bad run in with any of the critters during my stay (I don't recommend this, but I barely wore shoes after the first couple of weeks). I never heard of any bite or sting incidents with the guests. Although, if you're annoying and whine enough about how gross they are, you may get to witness the owner pick up one of the creepy crawlers and eat it - which is pretty gnarly ;)

This is a place for the wild, adventurous and young spirited. Mostly a young backpackers crowd, however all young, wild and free spirits are welcome! The coolest of cool people unite here. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere by day. By night, find a costume, grab a rum drink and get weird ya weridos!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank itchyfeet317
PosteRojoMan, Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Wow! This review makes me almost like Trip Advisor. Thank you for the entertaining review. I do have to say my bug eating days are over. I am living in Granada theses days. I had to give up crazy nights in the jungle. After all, who wants some crazy old man shouting down from his room to turn that damned punk rock music down? There is still and will always be no shortage of characters around to keep you entertained.
Look I'll even make one of these :) I never do that! lol or that.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is so great! So accepting, great atmosphere, great parties... It is in the trees and monkeys pass by daily! The sunsets are amazing and the people are fantastic! Relax in a hammock drinking a beer during the day or go on an adventure nearby (Laguna de Apollo or Mombacho Volcano) and then party during the night! There is a rope bridge, a costume box, and a killer dance floor. The volunteers are really welcoming and fun. A backpacker's must if you are near Granada.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
PosteRojoMan, Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thanks for another awesome review. THIS IS OUR TYPE OF GUEST! Great people who know a wonderful place when they find it. Oh, and those who don't mind stumbling drunk down the hill are good too.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a night for a break from Granada. We had such a fun night partying with the volunteers!!! It's definitely a rustic environment, but if you can handle a few little bugs and an outhouse, you'll be fine. We had a great time here and wish we could have stayed longer. Sorry that you're now out of Tonas and rum punch!
Love La Flaminca and Candy

• Stayed: July 2013
PosteRojoMan, Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Great. Help spread the word. We love when our guest have an awesome time. Don't worry we have plenty of beer for the next time!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had such an amazing time at Poste Rojo, the views during the rainy season were incredible. Everything is so green and lush, I have heard from others that you can see amazing sunsets every night during the dry season. The volunteers and management were very funny and entertaining to hang out, but they didn't try to force or pressure us into drinking which I really appreciated,The dorms I slept in were super comfortable and very clean as well. The hike down the hill can be a little treacherous at night but it's definitely not a huge deal. The new hammoc deck they just completed is beautiful and a great spot to retreat away from the bar which can be very noisy at times.Oh, and the family dinner is amazing and absolutely worth it! I think our chefs for the night were Scott and Eloise and they made some wonderful stuffed cannelloni, it had been such a long time since I have had such a good meal.

I hope I can be there for the next full moon party, they sound amazing!

All in all, very highly recommended if you think this type of place is for you :)

Room Tip: Dorms, Private Rooms, Hammocks, they say the private treehouse is really far from the bar
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo