“Fabulous!”
Review of Casa Cubana

Casa Cubana
Ranked #2 of 71 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I lucked out with a last-minute reservation at Casa Cubana; staying here was heavenly! I stayed in the Nutmeg Suite - it's beautiful and massive. The vanity area in the bathroom was great for getting ready and I loved how all the switches were labelled. The entire house is lovely and Esther is a fabulous hostess. She helped me with every question I had, from where to eat, transportation, to interesting sights in the city. I would absolutely stay at Casa Cubana again if I visited Granada. The location is a bit further from the main tourist area, but it's close to the old hospital and the cemetery, which are both really interesting sites. If you're sensitive to noise, you may want to bring earplugs as the road can get noisy if a truck or motorcycle passes by. Breakfasts were great too, and a great way of meeting the other guests. The room is also great value. I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We loved every minute: the place is gorgeous, the pool allows for a quick cool-off, and we loved hanging out on the shady hammocks or in the morning sun on our balcony. They also make a nice Nica breakfast.

The building work is of great quality - best I've seen in Nicaragua. Even the plumbing works, windows and doors actually keep bugs out. Esther is doing a great job looking after the place. She knows Granada very well and gave us lots of hints.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Esther was an excellent host--very helpful, and enjoyable to meet. My entire family loved this place and ranked it as one their favorite places in our 2 weeks in Nicaragua. Beautiful space, nice breakfasts and conveniently located.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is an awesome little place with wonderful rooms, an awesome host (Esther), and the best and cutest breakfast chef (Hazel). There is a nice garden and small pool in the middle of the place with rooms surrounding it. There were about 3 other nice couples staying in the other rooms. It is close enough to walk down to the Calle La Calzada where there a several great restaurants, horse/buggy rides to take you around the city and to Lake Nicaragua. This was our third stay at Casa Cubana and we will stay there again next time!

Room Tip: The second room in on the left has nice doors to the outside you can open and watch and/or interact...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night after deciding to travel to Granada a night early, and having nowhere to stay. Esther was an incredibly warm and welcoming host. She was out running errands when we arrived; but there was someone there to let us in and she had left us a map of Granada and bottle of water (always appreciated). We stayed in a beautiful duplex room with checkered tiled floors and a bed located in a loft at the top of a spiral staircase. The room has big glass double doors that open onto the gorgeous colonial courtyard (with plants, lounge chairs, and a small pool). There are long thick curtains that can be pulled to cover these doors; but the whole set-up creates a great feeling of openness. We had a very relaxing evening taking a dip in the pool and reading in the garden. Breakfast the next morning was delicious (fruit, eggs/gallo pinto, and coffee)...We would, without hesitation, recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed for a few nights here, was great, Esther was a fantastic host. Not far from the main square in Granada and Esther recommended some great places to eat around town. Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here as a single for a few days the week of Thanksgiving. I stayed in the Saffron room (ask for it - although all the rooms are gorgeous, but this is the best one) The room is giant, simply and beautifully decorated and overlooks the pool and garden. The house is just a few blocks away from the center, but far enough away that it escapes some of the city noise. I could walk everywhere I wanted to easily. I loved the little pool and garden area in the middle of the house.

Esther was an amazing hostess. It felt like staying in an old friends house, if I had a friend with a stunning old colonial in the city of Granada. We went to yoga together and since I was alone, she even invited me out with her and her friends one night.

Casa Cubana was BY FAR my favorite place I stayed my entire trip in Nicaragua and the price is totally reasonable. Most of the other places I stayed were nice, but not quite up to Western standards. This place totally is.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Granada for any reason what so ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo