“They really are as good as all the reviews!”

Nicaragua Adventures - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$54.00*
and up
3-Hour Walking Tour of Granada
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicaragua Adventures offers private, custom and unique tours, exclusively designed to satisfy our guest's many requests and expectations (we do not form groups!). Operating since 1999 and based in Granada, Nicaragua, we offer sightseeing, soft and more strenuous adventures, for couples, families and small-mid size groups. We offer the highlights, but also always try to include a few original activities/visits on the way, to make our itineraries more valuable and maximize time during your vacation. We also are one of the very few agencies with a license/permit to operate (Delivered by the Nicaraguan Tourism Institute INTUR, you may require it when booking with tour provider in Nicaragua). We own a fleet of vehicles (all a/c, recent and comfortable, well maintained to accommodate all group sizes from 1 person to groups, with well trained, professional and friendly drivers), allowing more flexibility and satisfaction for oour customers. Our company is recommended by New York Times, Outside Magazine, Washington Post and several other magazines, please check about us. In addition, Nicaragua Adventure's manager (Pierre, a native from France living in Nicaragua/Costa Rica since year 1996) has been awarded as the "Top Travel Specialist" for Nicaragua by Conde Nast Traveler, three years in a row since 2011. Contact us for a unique travel experience.
Monte Sereno, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They really are as good as all the reviews!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our very active group of two families (9 people total, 4 adults, 4 teenagers and one 10 year old) booked our air and accommodations on our own, so when it came to planning our activities, we didn't want to "wing-it" in Nicaragua, a country we had no familiarity with and at a busy time between Xmas and New Year's. When I checked on Trip Advisor for a tour company, Nica Adventures had so many good reviews I contacted them to arrange an 8 day itinerary of multiple activities in Granada and SJDS for our group. There was sometimes a lag time of a day or two getting responses, so I almost made the mistake of booking with another company, but when Katia came through with her final itinerary for us, it was immediately apparent that Nica Adventures knew what they were doing and were spot on with advice and recommendations for specific times/dates to experience the activities we wanted to do that were more well thought out and realistic given times, driving distances, etc.

Every driver, activity and tour guide were great. From being met at the airport by a friendly and courteous driver who took us to our hotel in Granada to our wonderful and knowledgeable guides Ramon (Granada to SJDS) and Luis (Ometepe Island). Both guides spoke excellent English (Luis actually speaks 4 languages!), were rich with knowledge and made the experience fun and interesting for our kids as well. On the days we only used Nica Adventures to book activities such as an ATV Tour or Zip lining all tours were paid for in advance, booked for specific times and a driver sent to take us there and bring us back to our rental home near SJDS. The divers always arrived on time, often arriving 1/2 hour early and would courteously wait until we were ready to go. The vans were comfortable, air conditioned and roomy.

Activities we had Nica Adventures help us with included: Kayaking Isletas on Lake Nicaragua, Granada City tour, Mombacho Volcano hike, ATV tour of SJDS beaches, La Flor Nature Reserve to view Sea Turtles, Tour of Ometepe Island, Zip lining at Da Flying Frog, Sailing excursion, and all our our transfer/rides to and from activities, hotels and airport. I have to add that even with all of these activities they were able to arrange our itinerary to give us plenty of down time for sleeping in (most days) and enjoying the beautiful beaches in Nicaragua.

I highly recommend using Nica Adventures, we had a fabulous experience. They made our trip stress-free, organized, safe and super fun.

Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Everything you need for Nicaragua”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent a week in Nicaragua in December 2013 from Christmas to New Years repeating a trek from Leon to Matagalpa and Granada in 1986 -- and we added Ometepe. Pierre and his excellent staff provided suggestions from accomodations to restaurants, then provided drivers, guides and outstanding vans for the four of us. They listened to our interests, made appropriate recommendations and worked through any concerns or changes professionally. The package price made sense and for the few dollars more, we strongly recommend that you let Pierre arrange transportation so you can learn more about the country and forget the rental car (and vigilant police). If you are going to Nicaragua, talk to these folks!

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Katia, my tour planner, developed a trip that ended as the best organised vacation I ever had. The team of Nicaragua Adventures did an amazing job and I can only but highly recommend this agency. Every experience, every single day and trip caused a feeling of 100% satisfaction, sereneness and overwhelming emotions. Being back, I realised that no picture can ever reflect what your eyes truly see, but they give memories of a wonderful time. Thanks to Nicaragua adventures, Katia, my amazing guides (Miguel, Geovanny and Eric) and of course my driver Roberto, the epitome of Nicaraguan soul and my private spanish teacher :) made this experience unforgettable. And make me want to go back at any time! Thank you so much guys!!!!!

Ayer, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable Experience - from start to finish!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being a person who has planned (or assisted a travel agent with planning) every trip I've taken with friends/family over the past 10 years, I feel qualified to say that Pierre and his staff really know how to plan the perfect vacation!!

I've had Costa Rica on my to-do list for 13 years but kept putting it on the back burner to accommodate the "top 5" trips of friends and/or family (which I'm not complaining about - they were all great!). However, in September 2013, I finally pulled some friends together and started doing some research/outreach. Come to find out, at least 50 people I know have been to Costa Rica! As such, I decided I wanted to add more unknowns/adventure to the trip and started investigating surrounding countries. When I came across Nicaragua, I quickly found the reviews for Nicaragua Adventures on Trip Advisor. Since I'm not one to ignore fantastic reviews, I checked out their website and sent a request for a customized trip (a service they offer for free). Pierre contacted me almost immediately and, within a day or two, sent me a sample itinerary for a 12-14 day trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica. After only a brief conversation with me via email, he somehow managed to plan the perfect trip for us! I hadn't done much research on Nicaragua at that point so I was very vague in my requests. However,he took the little information I was able to provide and ran with it. Our group had NO changes to the itinerary (which almost never happens!) . I thought it was the perfect blend of culture, relaxation and adventure, but, come to find out, it was even better in real life than it was on paper!

Although this whole trip started with my need to finally see Costa Rica, it ended with me wanting to go back to Nicaragua! If it wasn't for Pierre and his brilliant group of guides/drivers, I know I wouldn't have been able to experience Nicaragua the way I did. We spent the first two days in Granada with our guide, Edgard. Although everything was spelled out for us on our daily agenda, we found ourselves constantly surprised (in a good way). For instance, we knew we were kayaking on lake Nicaragua with a stop at a island for lunch, but we never expected a private, home cooked meal with the owners and their crazy, ankle biting monkey! Not to mention the grounds were beautifully landscaped and there were dozens of places to hide out and relax. Edgard also gave us his full attention (well, with the exception of fighting off the monkey)...answered all my questions and even gave us a brief history lesson while we enjoyed freshly squeezed fruit juice in the shade. On day two, we knew we were touring Masaya and various villages, but Edgard made sure we sampled authentic cuisine (took us to a local "cafeteria"), fresh fruit (bought us some apple bananas from a fruit stand), and a variety pack of home-made sweets. He also brought us to the home/workshop of a ceramic artist so we could watch them create traditional pottery. It was an amazing experience! (As an aside - much to my delight, Edgard turned out to be an avid birder. He made sure to point them out to us along the way).

On our way to San Juan del Sur for a few days of food and relaxation, Pierre set us up with a day tour of Ometepe. We visited a nature preserve, natural springs (swimming hole), a couple of museums and had lunch on the beach. If I were planning this trip, I probably would have skipped the museums, but, as it turned out, they were my favorite activity that day. I've never been on a trip where the museum guide and our local guide were so passionate about sharing the history of their country.

When we arrived in Costa Rica, there was less need for a full time guide, but all of our drivers were on time and always stopped to let us stretch our legs...right before we started getting restless. We visited the Tabacon hot springs, embarked on the Sky Trek adventure, and spent 3 wonderfully relaxing days in Manuel Antonio. Every tour he booked for us was exactly what we were looking for and all of guides were extremely knowledgeable about the flora and fauna. It's important to note that we specifically requested a three night stay at Tulemar. Although Pierre had never worked with Tulemar before, he told us he would need a little extra time to retrieve a quote and quickly added the details to our itinerary as requested. We really appreciated the extra effort he made to accommodate our needs.

On a more general note, all the hotels Pierre chose for us were perfect! They were centrally located and clean, the staff were friendly and the food/drinks were fantastic! All of our guides/drivers were on time, courteous, and professional. Many of them often went above and beyond to make our experience just a bit more exciting.

Pierre also covered details that have been overlooked by other tour companies I've used in the past. For instance, our guides helped us get across the border (a process that was not obvious and would have probably stressed out) and even purchase our ferry tickets for us as an added convenience (since our Spanish is basically non-existent).

Last but not least, Pierre was always responsive to my requests...before, during and after the trip...something that's really important to me and my schedule.

I would highly recommend Nicaragua Adventures to all my friends and family.

Piedmont, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Travel Agent Ever”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Pierre does something that most travel agents never do. Pierre listens. We have traveled all over the world and most of the time I do all of the planning myself because it is difficult to find someone who cares about the trip and it's details as much as I do. Pierre is different, he asks what kind of a trip you wants and crafts that trip. Pierre then delivers the promised experience with drivers and guides that really know their stuff. And then after you return home he asks how everything went, and not in a perfunctory way, he really wants to know. I wish Pierre covered more than just Costa Rica and Nicaragua.