“Look no further, Nica Adventures takes the stress out of travel providing reliable, professional services.”

Nicaragua Adventures - Day Tours
$54.00*
3-Hour Walking Tour of Granada
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicaragua Adventures offers private, custom and unique tours, exclusively designed to satisfy our guest's many requests and expectations (we do not form groups!). Operating since 1999 and based in Granada, Nicaragua, we offer sightseeing, soft and more strenuous adventures, for couples, families and small-mid size groups. We offer the highlights, but also always try to include a few original activities/visits on the way, to make our itineraries more valuable and maximize time during your vacation. We also are one of the very few agencies with a license/permit to operate (Delivered by the Nicaraguan Tourism Institute INTUR, you may require it when booking with tour provider in Nicaragua). We own a fleet of vehicles (all a/c, recent and comfortable, well maintained to accommodate all group sizes from 1 person to groups, with well trained, professional and friendly drivers), allowing more flexibility and satisfaction for oour customers. Our company is recommended by New York Times, Outside Magazine, Washington Post and several other magazines, please check about us. In addition, Nicaragua Adventure's manager (Pierre, a native from France living in Nicaragua/Costa Rica since year 1996) has been awarded as the "Top Travel Specialist" for Nicaragua by Conde Nast Traveler, three years in a row since 2011. Contact us for a unique travel experience.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was my second time using Nica Adventures services. 3 years ago I returned for the first time in 30 years when I worked as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Because of the determined guide and driver we were able to locate people in the market I worked with who remembered me, and the house that I lived in. Needless to say, this made my trip! So when I decided to bring more family & friends to see beautiful Nicaragua this year, there was no research required as to which travel service to use. This is the way to see Nicaragua!! Nica Adventures are absolutely a professional, reliable travel service. Whether you want a pre-packaged itinerary, a custom made trip as I did, or just in need of day trips and transfers this agency will deliver. We were continually amazed with the wealth of knowledge the guides and drivers have about the country, but more than that they seemed to go out of their way to provide extra. For example, instead of just going to the Masaya market, our driver asked if we wanted to go to where the hammocks were actually made, then we went to the market. The relationship you establish with your guide and driver becomes part of the wonderful travel experience. Use Nica Adventures!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

My friend and I (we are two ladies in our 70s) had a terrific tour arranged by Nicaragua Adventures. We thoroughly enjoyed the country, the people, the sights, the food, the hotels. the shopping for local handicrafts during our one week stay. Arrangements were excellent, hotels were comfortable and attractive and guides and drivers capable, knowledgeable and friendly and fluent in English. Highly recommend a visit to this country and use of Nicaragua
Adventures Tours.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I and another couple visited Nicaragua for two weeks in December 2011. We had done extensive research about what to see and do there, and becuse we speak some Spanish, intended to rent our own vehicle and drive ourselves. About two weeks before our departure we got cold feet and decided to rent a driver and van from Nicaragua Adventures. It's the best thing we ever did! The highways are in generally good shape and fairly well signed, but the opposite is true once you get into the cities - especially the larger ones. Driving there would have been very stressful!

Our driver, Maximo, was perfect for us. He was a very safe driver. His laid back demeanor and sense of humor went well with our desire to be flexible when deciding our next day's schedule. His English was good and, although not a guide, was able to interject timely information about the sites we were seeing. He took us to wonderful local places to eat and shop. The Nicaraguan people were always so friendly and happy. He also made all the arrangements to take the van on the ferry to Ometepe. Maximo lives in Granada and was kind enough to meet us with his three beautiful children for ice cream our last night there. The two little girls were so precious. Fortunately, they look like their mother!

Our trip to Nicaragua turned out to be a wonderful cultural experience ---- thanks to Pierre's ability to book us a driver and van on such short notice and to Maximo for making our visit so special.

5  Thank Michael S
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I wanted a 33 days tour and after trying to arrange it myself as I usually do I gave up and got Nicaragua Adventures to do it for me. Good decision! They did a much better job than I could have done and took all the worry out of the trip.

Right from arriving in Managua Airport we were met and taken to a very nice hotel in Granada, La Posada Del Sol, within easy walking distance of the centre and with a swimming pool too.

Then we had 4 nights in San Juan Del Sol, again in a smart, central but quiet hotel before moving on to Ometepe where we stayed at Charco Verde right on the calm lakeside with a nature reserve immediately next door.

We wanted to take the overnight ferry to San Carlos for the Rio San Juan, and I subsequently found out that Nicaragua Adventures had a nightmare arranging this but they never said a word, just got on with it, and when we arrived in San Carlos at dawn there was a representative to meet us and make sure we got the boat down the river. We hadn't expected this last service as we'd told Nic Ad that we wanted to make our own arrangements, so it was over and above the brief and very much appreciated.

Our next 4 nights were in wonderful Sabalos Lodge where we were astonished to find that we had the best cabin there with outstanding views of the river and excellent meals all included plus a jungle trek and a tour of El Castillo including giant shrimp lunch. We actually spotted more wildlife in the beautiful grounds of Sabalos Lodge than we did in the jungle, including bright green lizards, otters playing in the river, baby caymen, humming birds etc etc.

When we left the river and got back to San Carlos, there was Luis (who's employed by Sabalos Lodge, I think) to meet us from the boat, lead us to the ATM, take us to a restaurant for an included lunch that we hadn't expected and then drive us to the airport as well, so more added value.

A night in a very smart Managua hotel followed, and then an easy flight to the Corn Islands for the final 2 weeks, firstly in wonderful Little Corn Beach & Bungalow who spoiled us rotten with their wonderful food and excellent staff - they called us Mr Andrew and Miss Jilly - and the final week on the superb beach at Arenas Beach Resort.

For the little extra it cost to use the services of Nicaragua Adventures we got better rooms than we could have hoped for, extra value all round, no worries about getting from A to B and people we felt we could call on if we got into difficulties, not that we ever did but it gave us peace of mind and it's hard to put a value on that.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My 17 year old daughter and I travelled to Nicaragua from January 16 to the 23, 2012. I found Nica-adventure tours online and decided to book a one day tour with them. I paid in advance by Visa as they requested. The tour guide Camillo picked us up at our hotel on time and we immediately felt comfortable with him. Camillo was accompanied by Jimmy, the driver, who is a very cautious driver and made us feel safe. The tour guide was very knowledgeable, funny and always had our safety at heart. We visited the active volcano and climbed all the way to the top. We also went to the public market, which is a very safe area, and then to Catarina for lunch. Camillo's choice in restaurants was impeccable with a view that would take your breath away. Our last stop was at a pottery school where we purchased some homeade pottery. Again, Camillo was incredible, gave us good advice and was there all the way for us.

Do not hesitate to book with this company. They are incredible, caring individuals and very professional. They go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied and happy with your tour. And they do not quit until you are happy. I know that they also have an office in Costa Rica and I am planning on booking with them when I visit next year.