All reviews great host the owner pancakes the main square place to stay air con guest house hot water central america the location is perfect rooms are spacious every morning great pool la calzada jerry block tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Casa Del Agua four times in the past year, November 2019 we stayed for the entire month. It is a Great value and centrally locatedn the owner (Gerry) is a wealth of information and very friendly, we felt like we were staying with best friends. Now that we found an apartment in Granada We still keep in contact and are very good friends.
Oh yea! The best pancakes in town

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
casadel, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your comments, and it was great to have you as guest on more than just one or two occasions. We hope your new life in Granada will be as rewarding as it has been for us.

Reviewed November 24, 2019

Casa del Agua is perfectly located at the center of Granada. This makes it close to restaurants, bars, banks as well as street attractions.
The rooms are simple but well kept and clean. Hot water is readily available although the cold water is not really cold either. There is a pool on premises. There is a guard at the gate at night which makes the place safe.
Breakfast is tasteful and generous. Drinking water is available for no charge 24hr.
However, what makes this casa special is Gerry, the owner. Generous, friendly and the man who upon request will arrange activities, shuttles, taxis etc. and will point out good (and not so good) places to eat, and places to change, exchange or withdraw money.
Thank you Gerry for our good stay.!

Date of stay: November 2019
casadel, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2019

Many thanks for your great words of encouragement. It means a lot to both myself and our hard working staff. We are delighted you chose to stay with us and we hope you have many more great travels and get back to Nicaragua (one of the greatest countries to visit on earth!).

Reviewed September 25, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been travelling for 9 months now and this is hands down one of the best place I’ve ever stayed. Its perfectly located in the centre of town, rooms are very spacious with plenty of natural sunlight, aircon, and fan as well as mosquito net. The shower takes a few minutes to heat up but it’s very nice afterwards. Gerry, the owner is one of the friendliest, warmest person I’ve met in my travels. He spends plenty of time giving me advice and guidance as to do, book tours for me as well as helping me plan my travels after Granada. The place felt very safe as he has a very dedicated security guard (unlike some other places I’ve seen) outside watching the front gate as well as the car park all night. There’s also a cctv outside the gate. Overall I highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

We really appreciate your very kind words. Especially from seasoned travellers, that have prior knowledge of what others offer compared to what we offer.
We hope that you also enjoyed Nicaragua, and recommend to others.

Reviewed September 24, 2019

I booked a room through Booking.com. It was advertised that it had parking. I have a very special and expensive motorcycle that I will not park on the street. When I arrived a young girl answered the door. When I inquired about the parking I was told it was only on the street and that they had a guard. Period. Having lived in Central America 16 years I know how useless those guards are so I decided not to stay there. I had paid in advance. The hotel proceeded to enter into prolonged arguments with me and with the clear intention of keeping my payment. She explained that they had off street parking that I would have to pay for but this was hours after I had already checked in to a different hotel with free secured parking so it was a pointless argument. I was very disappointed with this experience and would advise caution when dealing with them.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Edward d
casadel, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2019

You haven't paid in advance of your stay with us. However, now we will charge you for your no stay with us.
Secondly, our night time security is safe and secure, and with over 10 years of reviews, not 1 review has claimed any damage to their vehicles! (not all Latin American countries are unsafe).
Booking, make it clear that we offer both on street car park or a private car park near by, which we offer our guests either options.This was also, mentioned to you in a confirmation email sent to you in advance by us. (we are not responsible for your illiteracy problem).
Thanks for the money!!
Good luck!

Reviewed August 26, 2019

We had a wonderful time in Gerry’s place. The bedroom and bathroom was absolutely spotless. Air conditioning was perfect and location was amazing. With the security person at the gate each evening we knew we were in safe hands.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
casadel, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

We thank you very much for your stay with us, your kind words & we sincerely hope to see you back this way again soon.