“Amazing and relax!”
Review of Casa del Agua

Casa del Agua
Ranked #1 of 72 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A top super guesthouse to stay! Really amazing and relax!
In the City Center of Granada (near the main square and all bars and restaurants).
Has nice, spacious and well-furnished clean room with a fan or AC around a very great swimming pool and remarkably, the very helpful and nice owner Gerry!!
We were staying at Casa del Agua just the weekend there was the Bull run, so Gerry informed us to be careful not to be robbed, what to do and what definitely not…
There is an open kitchen where you find free coffee, tea and cold water and where you can use everything to make own dishes.
Gerry did his best to make sure we had a pleasant stay and was available when we needed him.
With the statue in the entrance of “manneken pis” (duplicate Brussels) we felt double at home…
All in all, 300% the place to be!!!!!!
Bart & Hilde
Belgium
Nice to know...Our favorite restaurant: “EL CAMELLO” Calle El Caimito, from Parque Central, 2 blocks towards the lake)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bart V

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent 2 nights. Gerry was a great host. He was happy to give advice, and helped us arrange transportation. The balcony triple is large and very comfortable. NIce beds. Pool is refreshing, and enjoyed the kitchen/common area. It's very close to the plaza and restaurants. Enjoyed O'Shea's on trivia night!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I traveled with my girlfriend Many times to Granada and always we stayed there. The place is great and Mr.Gerry is the best host for us, the locations is so close to the central park, bars and
the main street. Very clean and comfortable .

Room Tip: Room close to the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I traveled here with my boyfriend and two of his friends in March. I made all the trip arrangements via email beforehand. Gerry was quick to respond and answer my questions. Unfortunately, he only had one night open for all four of us--our first night. We arrived sometime after midnight and, as per his advice, took a taxi straight in from Managua. It wasn't a bad ride at all. Even though it was quite late when we finally arrived, Gerry smiled warmly as he let us in. The next morning, he gave us plenty of advice about where to go and what to do. I especially loved the Irish bar (the name is escaping me) he told us to visit. I had the best cottage pie (shepard's pie, but with lamb) of my life there--no joke. I grew up eating my father's and have been to Ireland on three separate occasions. I never thought I would find my favorite version of it in Granada! I wish we could have spent a couple more nights in Gerry's place. If you go, just try to contact him a few weeks in advance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank flyingsolowcompany
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Gerry was helpful via email before my arrival but he was not there for my stay. The 2 girls left to run the place in his absence were efficient enough I guess but I did have to get information from other guests.
The location of this hotel is perfect. Close to the main square and everything you could need in Granada.
The pool is in the centre of the hotel and looked clean. The common area and kitchen were mumsy and dated. A little bit of effort to modernise would go a long way here.
The room I had was in the front of the hotel and it was very big. The decor here is also dated but the room is clean. I stayed here one night only as there seemed to be some kind of problem with my bathroom. The smell of sewerage was so bad I could not even open the door. I did not use the shower at all as i could not have stayed in the bathroom for that long. There was some work being done on the room above mine so perhaps that had something to do with causing the issue. Nevertheless it was enough to make me look for another place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TalbsOnTheGoGoGO
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in Granada, Nicaragua at the casa del Agua for 4 nights. Gerry, the owner, was very helpful and welcoming. The pool is great! The hotel is very centrally located, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Very nice place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went straight from the airport in Managua to the bus station and then straight to Granada, into a cab, and to the Casa Del Agua. Not only is it located in a beautiful section of town right next to the Catedral, but this place is an absolute Oasis. The pool is clear and beautiful, the bedrooms large and clean, the owner helpful and kind. It is safe, well run, organized-- everything a traveler new to a country could want. Within five minutes of arriving there I was in the pool under the open sky with a beer in hand, and I never wanted to leave. I've never seen any place like this before, and its worth going back to Granada just to revisit this incredible spot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family