“Beyond Amazing. Stay here!!”
Review of Casa del Agua

Casa del Agua
Ranked #1 of 67 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa del Agua on two occasions while staying in Granada. I cannot recommend the place enough, it is beautiful, well-kept, Gerry goes beyond expectations in helping you out, etc. It is a model for what a great accommodation should be at a very fair price. I look forward to my next stay there. Plus, they have an awesome pool, which on a hot Granada day is a godsend, and the location is literally half a block from the main square and Calzada (where the restaurants and bars are). Perfect place. Cheers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Casa del Agua

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I spent hours of research reading reviews from people who take into consideration things outside of the control of the property and it wastes a lot of time and is unfair. Here is my objective review and I hope it will help you decide.

Casa Del Agua

Pros: Location- very safe neighborhood right next to the cathedral and some bars very close to most attractions and good jumping off point.

Gerry the owner has excellent communication before you get their and has good information once you get there.

A welcome relief when arriving late to managua and there is a driver waiting to take you to Granada to the property.

Cons: Staff not quite present enough when you need something.

The pool could use a good cleaning, it is not terrible or anything but does have particles floating around.

Gerry, the owner seemed a bit down so the energy was a lot lower than other places I stayed. Hire a peppy person to be the face of your business.

Besides that, overall I would recommend this property and here are some things I enjoyed while there.

1. Mombacho Cigar Company is a secret gem. Within walking distance and an adorable little pool you can use if you purchase a drink and if you are into cigars you can watch them roll and pack.

2. Choco Chocolate Museum. They have a breakfast buffet and a chocolate farm tour and a how to make a chocolate bar class non of which interested me. The real beauty of this place is that they produce their own liquers using Flor de Cana rum which you can buy for around 12 bucks and take home. I tasted eight of them and bought three they are seriously unbelievable. The chocolate variety is made with real chocolate and is like drinking pure bliss!

3. Carmellos or Camellos restaurant I dont remember the exact name. It is a restaurant owned by a Canadian and some of the best food in the country. His mother was from Lebanon and I kid you not, the best beef tagine I have ever had! They had a guy playing guitar, they make great drinks and the owner will sit down and chat with you. They also have pasta and curries along with other tasty mediterrenean dishes like shawarma. Go there!

Hope these help.

Tierra Tours is also within walking distance and I loved their guides so much I used them for everything! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank malloygodfrey
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to Granada for my 90 days out of country and stayed as Casa del Agua on a friends recommendation. Gerry the owner was so helpful with my stay before I even arrived answering all of my questions. He had a driver for us on arrival which delivered us to this very comfortable, well decorated and very economical B & B, I stayed in both a room and the apartment which was well appointed. Gerry can accommodate any guest needs. Everything is within walking distance from Casa Del Agua and a great get away.

Room Tip: I loved the apartment, but the rooms are very nice as well
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights just last week and we really liked it. The pool was greatly appreciated after walking around in hot/humid Granada!!! The shower was the biggest I'd ever had, in a vacation spot or my regular home. Gerry had great tips on where to eat, what to see, etc. We would recommend it to anyone and would stay there ourselves again too :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here March 14 and 15th 2013 and the place was perfect. The pool was a perfect refreshment to come home to after a few hot hours on the town or doing tours. Gerry was an excellent host that sat down with us upon arrival and went over a map of Granada and gave us his recommendations, which were spot on. If you need something at the hotel all you have to do is ask and you'll have it. I would recommend this place for anyone headed to this neck of the woods.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here out three last nights in Nicaragua. The hotel had seven rooms at the moment with a pool in the middle, very nice to take a swim in the afternoon. It was very clean and Gerry is very helpful and kind! Really recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Casa del Agua is only half a block from the main square and very close to the best restaurants. It is run by Gerry from Ireland who is a very nice and helpful host. Ask for the Balcony Room. It's the best. There is a communal kitchen with a fridge where you can keep your breakfast stuff or buy a beer. A small pool is also available. There are two bikes that you can borrow. El Zaguan and Camelo are two very good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple