“Fun and free :)”

and up
Make Your Own Chocolate Tour From Managua
Ranked #8 of 80 things to do in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: ChocoMuseo is the new Cacao and Chocolate Museum in Granada Nicaragua.It offers a great overview of the history, the nature and the manufacturing of the cacao and the chocolate. There is a chocolate factory located inside the museum and Cacao farm tours are offered..
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was a neat little museum that was fun and free. Had great offering of chocolate, what looked like a wonderful breakfast menu and friendly staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"breakfast buffet"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We participated in the chocolate making class and really enjoyed it. Ismael, the instructor was entertaining, knowledgable, friendly, and fluent in English for those visitors who prefer their class in English. Ismael led us through the process of preparing the beans, making a cacao paste, and mixing up 3 different chocolate drinks- Mayan, Aztec, and European (our favorite was the Aztec!). We then mixed chocolate for individual chocolate bars, which we will pick up tomorrow. Ismael was friendly and informative the entire time. I hardly realized 2 hours had passed! I imagine most ages could enjoy this class, including young kids visiting with their parents. The cost is $19 and while definitely on the expensive side for Nicaragua, I am glad we decided to do it.

The museum itself is not extensive but I liked the information and appreciated their in depth explanations of what they are working towards on their cacao farms. They also have several cacao trees on the property and if you have never seen the fruit cacao comes form, I highly recommend you check the trees out.

I would give this place 5 stars but unfortunately, as awesome as Ismael and our class was, some other staff members weren't all that pleasant and they made our initial entrance a bit uncomfortable.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I participated in a chocolate making class on my first day on Granada. The staff makes sure that you understand and participate in each step in the process - even roasting the cacao beans. If you want to learn about chocolate, from tree to chocolate bar, this is the class for you!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The choco café museo workshop with Ismael was a wonderful experience for kids and adults alike. Ismael was engaging and memorable-- I say this because my kids still talk about what they learned like the unique ingredients (I won't spoil it for you!) in the hot cocoa made by the Mayans and Aztecs. A definite recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Choco Cafe Museo was a highlight of our trip to Granada. Ismael is an incredibly charismatic, informative and way fun teacher who guided us through the process of making chocolate, "from bean to bar". He should have his own reality show and his chant of "bati bati cholocate(y)" should be heard in every kitchen in the universe. Don't miss it! And you'll come away with your very own hand made bar of chocolate.