“Chocoholic's Delight”

and up
Make Your Own Chocolate Tour From Managua
Ranked #5 of 75 things to do in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: ChocoMuseo is the new Cacao and Chocolate Museum in Granada Nicaragua.It offers a great overview of the history, the nature and the manufacturing of the cacao and the chocolate. There is a chocolate factory located inside the museum and Cacao farm tours are offered..
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter our daughter's fiancé just finished learning about and making chocolate with Ismael. We had a blast. I don't get what some other reviewers didn't like about this place. One person complained about too much English being spoken. Really?!? If these folks showed any inclination to speak Spanish, Spanish would have been spoken. Criticizing because the employees tried to accodate the gringo tourists?!? May I once again say really?!? The next time you're in Granada, stop on by and have some fun with Ismael and the gang. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stopped by this tiny museum because I love chocolate (and it's free, and I happened to walk past it). I was SO surprised at how interesting it was. They have a ton of history on chocolate throughout human history and around the world, lots of interesting facts, chocolate making demonstrations, yummy samples, a good café and a cute gift shop. I was there for about three hours and read every word of every description and history. The also do tours to cacao farms outside Granada, but I didn't have time. Definitely stop by!

1  Thank CheeckyS
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Indifferent service for no reason. Hot -- and all part of a horrendous Hotel Spa Granada Experience. the breakfast buffet seemed so unsanitary --- except for freshly prepared eggs.

bigbodes, Owner at ChocoMuseo, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We always try to provide excellent service, but in your case I assume we did not succeed. However, your comment "Indifferent service for no reason" does not provide any useful information upon which we can act.
In addition to the buffet items at our breakfast service, we also provide pancakes, waffles, crepes, and eggs cooked to order in front of diners. I can assure you that we conform to high sanitary standards, and regularly receive high grades from the health ministry in Nicaragua. The vast majority of restaurant kitchens are invisible to the dining public, so perhaps a lack of a standard of comparison influenced your excessively negative comments.
Further, in the several years we have been operating our breakfast buffet we have not had even one reported illness from what you refer to as "unsanitary" conditions.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We took the workshop. Very fun and informative. We roasted, peeled, and ground the beans to make a paste. Great to understand the making of chocolate. Ismael was our instructor. Very engaging. He made the trip worthwhile. We learned the basis of chocolate percentages, Mayan, Aztec and European chocolate. Even made our own personal bar.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A small museum with some posters and samples. The staff were clearly a bit rushed and spent little time with the visitors. It's claim to be the only chocolate manufactory in Nicaragua seemed to be a bit false when we bought a chocolate bar that stated it was made in Matagalpa.

1  Thank 564JohnM