Hostel La Siesta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$78
$99
Orbitz.com
La Fortaleza Granada Resort(Granada)(Great Value!)
$45
$55
Hotel Granada(Granada)
$90
$87
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
$440
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Barcelona(Granada)(Great Value!)
$58
$32
Hotel El Maltese(Granada)(Great Value!)
$39
$37
All reviewsfew blockscentral parcfriendly hoststhe ownera great place to stayrooms are cleanstayed longernice breakfastfive minute walkwe've stayedother guestswalking distanceprivate roomthe main squareborishostelnicaragua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Siesta for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. The rooms are cozy and clean, a bit hot in April, but that's nicaragua for you. The bathroom was very clean with great hot water. Breakfast, though not included, was tasty and reasonably priced. The hosts are incredibly nice and helpful with suggestions on things to do and places to see and how to catch whatever bus you need. It's a bit of a walk from the town center, and late at night you should definitely cab, but the location is otherwise wonderfully quiet and residential. Good value- would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SGTA2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Nice rooms, feeling welcome with complimentary refreshment and tea/coffee every morning. Very helpful owner and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Virginie M
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is such a lovely hostel in Granada. You can definitely find (from what I have heard) a bigger or fancier place in this city, but if you want to have a real family host you as if you were truly their guests, and you want something a little away from the tourist loop, this is the place to go! My husband and I loved it here. We stayed here four nights. We had a private room with shared bathroom, which just meant that we shared the bathroom with one other room, so I would say it's actually semi-private. I saw the private bathroom too and it was really nice as well. There is a lovely courtyard in the middle of the six rooms in total where we met some other nice travelers. The hostel is definitely not a party atmosphere. Boris and Marcela, the owners, are so incredibly nice. Boris even gave my husband some of his coins from his coin collection when he found out my husband collects. An added plus was that they both took time and struck up conversation with us in Spanish so we could practice. The other employee, Ana, also took great care of us, striking up conversation, and is as sweet as can be. They are all so helpful with advice for tours, the city, and they just manage their place with the comfort of their guests as their first priority, even over their own business interests. If we ever return to Granada we will definitely come back to La Siesta.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quinn N
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Nice small cozy hostel, unfortunately doesn't have A/C which can be tough sometimes in Granada as its very very hot. Good value for what you get though and the rooms are clean and they serve a nice breakfast for the guests. Would stay again if back in Granada.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Xosder4
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at La Siesta about 6 years ago with my parents and I can still remember what an amazing time we had. Marcela and Boris are great hosts - just the right combination of helpful and welcoming. And their place is beautiful.

I think I only stayed a couple of nights but I would love to go back and stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family