“Expensive? Well yah, it's fine dining...”
Review of Imagine Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Imagine Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Imagine Gourmet in NicaraguaLive Music
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family returned to Granada for one night and we knew right away we'd be returning to Imagine for our one dinner. Kevin wasn't there this time, so the atmosphere and overall vibe was not as special as last time. The live music was setting up, so I'm sure it would have picked up later on. It is challenging to eat here with small children and a large group, as there are only about five tables and no kids meal options. Getting past those things, the rest of the night was great. The food is as expensive as other reviews mentioned, but Granada is not poverty-stricken. There are some nice restaurants, and the prices are accordingly higher than some other options in town. We did the Mafia Chicken and a few other dishes, and we loved everything. The portions aren't huge, but Americans are accustomed to too-large portions. We still ended up sharing each meal with a child. I'll probably go back again next year!

3  Thank julielizabeth

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

24 dollars for grilled vegetables.... never believing an extravaganza in my life again. Being chased out the door by the waiter because of the restaurants special exchange rate. Ridiculous place, but nevertheless if you are intent on going just have the dessert and a drink. NO MORE

14  Thank ppoppin150
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure that the owner realizes he's in Granada, Nicaragua and not Granada, Spain based on his prices. We are budget travelers, and upon first glance at the menu we realized we couldn't afford dinner. Around $26 for a steak. So, we decided to just get the baked brie appetizer for $13, thinking it would be a nice snack for 2 people. What came out was a TINY wedge of cheese with a few bits of toasted bread. We were shocked. It was ridiculous. Beer is also twice the price of anywhere else. We felt very taken advantage of. But they have live music (we didn't stick around for it though) and it has a nice atmosphere. However, I wouldn't go back unless I had money to flush away. If you want to splash out, try Zaguan. Amazing filet mignon for $18.

11  Thank Amy B
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The prices made you feel like you were dining in Switzerland. The food however was average. Nothing to write home about. Seemed like a bit of a tourist trap. I'm left wondering if the owner is just trying to lure in travelers that have just arrived and don't realize that his prices are 3 to 4 times more than anywhere else. Perhaps it's not my place to say, but the owner seemed a bit strange. I certainly won't be returning, nor would I recommend this restaurant to anyone, unless they made a stipulation that they wanted to have a below average experience.

10  Thank James P
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The menu was impressive and the chef/owner very passionate about his food. But the dishes didn't deliver on the promise. The food was good with one exception but the proportions in general were small. (The potatoes or squash was not cooked enough and inedible.) And the owner assured us that the veggie platter would be abundant and filling and it was not. I would not recommend this restaurant.

8  Thank Gigi-ray