“Overpriced”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Imagine Gourmet in NicaraguaLive Music
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure that the owner realizes he's in Granada, Nicaragua and not Granada, Spain based on his prices. We are budget travelers, and upon first glance at the menu we realized we couldn't afford dinner. Around $26 for a steak. So, we decided to just get the baked brie appetizer for $13, thinking it would be a nice snack for 2 people. What came out was a TINY wedge of cheese with a few bits of toasted bread. We were shocked. It was ridiculous. Beer is also twice the price of anywhere else. We felt very taken advantage of. But they have live music (we didn't stick around for it though) and it has a nice atmosphere. However, I wouldn't go back unless I had money to flush away. If you want to splash out, try Zaguan. Amazing filet mignon for $18.

11  Thank Amy B

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The prices made you feel like you were dining in Switzerland. The food however was average. Nothing to write home about. Seemed like a bit of a tourist trap. I'm left wondering if the owner is just trying to lure in travelers that have just arrived and don't realize that his prices are 3 to 4 times more than anywhere else. Perhaps it's not my place to say, but the owner seemed a bit strange. I certainly won't be returning, nor would I recommend this restaurant to anyone, unless they made a stipulation that they wanted to have a below average experience.

10  Thank James P
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The menu was impressive and the chef/owner very passionate about his food. But the dishes didn't deliver on the promise. The food was good with one exception but the proportions in general were small. (The potatoes or squash was not cooked enough and inedible.) And the owner assured us that the veggie platter would be abundant and filling and it was not. I would not recommend this restaurant.

8  Thank Gigi-ray
Reviewed March 14, 2014

So...There I was walking down the street, looking for a place to eat and other to place my fine jewlery... I took the wrong turn in Albuquerque, (like Buggs Bunny use to say...) and I found myself infront of Imagine Restaurant... The owner himself, Kevin Cohen was writing on the board the specials for the day and re touching the board that read HOMEMADE MANGO BREAD WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM AND HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE FONDUE... That catch my eye right away...
So I entered the place and ordered Organic Beet Salad with roasted pecans, goat cheese and granny smith apples... just delicious. Then the Mafia Chicken was the killer... Great chicken breast fillet covered with Pico de Gallo salad, which is tomato, onion and cilantro cut in cubes, and seasoned just perfectly! All of the above was accompanied by a Hibiscus Jamaica Heaven cocktail... refreshing enough to get you through such a great meal. And to put the cherry on the cake, literally speaking, I had the world famous Mango Bread with vanilla ice cream and home made chocolate fondue... A DINNER TO DIE FOR... IMAGINE THAT FOR A CHANGE!

4  Thank Hilda Lorena S
Reviewed February 16, 2014

There's nothing wrong with the food here, but its not gourmet, although the prices are. They slap a picture of John Lennon up and have a post with "Penny Lane" to surprise you in Granada and lure you in, but the entire experience is just typical La Calzada.

8  Thank Buscando_serendipia