“Romantic with outstanding food”
Review of Imagine Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Imagine Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Imagine Gourmet in NicaraguaLive Music
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Absolutely, mouth-watering food to the highest standards. This was the best meal we have had for a long time and we will be back. It is not inexpensive but worth every dollar spent. Try the jambon as an appetizer, the Rack of Lamb or Chicken Enchiladas as main meals and definitely have a coconut mojito. The owner is a friendly American and created a fabulous atmosphere. He also has greet entertainment. We listened to two guys singing fabulous Beatles songs. Two thumbs up for this place!

2  Thank Gerlinde W
There are newer reviews for Imagine Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We got to imagine restaurant early on a Saturday night. I was really glad that we did this because It not only afforded us the opportunity to converse with the owner/ chef, it also got us a seat without waiting in the small and intimate restaurant. He was super friendly and very welcoming. Everything we ate was really top notch. The baked Brie app was a real highlight - paired perfectly with a chili pepper chutney. There is only one desert option on the menu but it is mouth wateringly delicious. Yes the meal was pricey by Nicaraguan standards - but for the very fresh and high quality food, the wonderful atmosphere and exceptional service made it well worth the cost. This is a not to be missed treat.

1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This place had a north American vibe, but really a really cool place if you like live rock and roll music.

1  Thank thetravellingkind
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Yes, I get that we paid top dollar, typical of a meal at home but lets not knock that when everything else in Nica was soooo damn cheap. I found the owner to be friendly and welcoming. the food was excellant. the rainbow fish was huge. I could even watch my food being cooked. We completely enjoyed the music and vibe here. felt like being home which can be comforting when you are so far from home.

3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I currently live in Managua and decided to take an overnight trip over to Granada. After hitting the Museum at the Church of San Francisco, we walked by Imagine on our way to the main plaza. I saw a sign about 'Famous Mango Bread' and was immediately intrigued. We ducked in because I wanted to try the Mango Bread, which, come to find out is a dessert.

The owner Kevin was very friendly and after reviewing the menu and bar selection (AMAZING liquor selection for Nicaragua), we decided to come back for dinner. Everything on the menu sounded amazing, and we were a little scared it would not live up to its description. I even turned to my husband and said, "I hope the food is half as great as the owner's personality, it'll be great." I was NOT disappointed!

We started with the Brie appetizer and a bottle of wine. I ordered the Santa Fe Enchiladas and my husband ordered the Filet Mignon with Sinful Gorgonzola sauce. Apparently, it takes awhile for the enchiladas, but Kevin brought us a grilled vegetable appetizer and apologized for the long wait. The enchiladas were good, though I think the red sauce needed a titch more salt to take it to the next level. However, the filet mignon was PERFECT and the sauce was just mind-blowingly delicious. I knew I would, and I envied my husband's meal.

For dessert we ordered the famous Mango bread, which seems to be made similarly to a banana bread with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. I was surprised how well the chocolate paired with the mango... delicious!

I also ordered the Ginger Daquiri, which was very good.

We absolutely loved our experience, and we have been telling our friends about this place.

I've gone through and read the negative comments, and living here may give me a unique perspective on price. While yes, this is an expensive meals, there are restaurants throughout Nicaragua that are similarly priced. Of the restaurants in Nicaragua at this price point, this is by far the best that I have been to.

Our tab came to $100+, and we were happy to pay the cost plus a tip for the servers. We will definitely be going back when we visit Granada again.

1  Thank Bobby M