“Great food and music, baaad prices”
Review of Imagine Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Imagine Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Imagine Gourmet in NicaraguaLive Music
Bucharest, Romania
“Great food and music, baaad prices”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Arrived there on a night of live music and it was probably the best evening we had in Granada. Great music, fantastic ambience, there was some salsa dancing going on. Great location and decor.

The food was delicious, greatly presented, we had fish which is always a bit risky but it was great, fresh and delicious. We also had the dessert, the mango bread, which is their awarded dessert - and the only one on the menu. I do agree though that it is very overpriced. 15 us for a dessert is quite a lot.

So in a nutshell, do go and splurge, great atmosphere but expect to dig a bit deep at the end in your pockets.

• Visited September 2012

Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a fun little place one block the main drag, Beatles and John Lennon photos everywhere but the real treat was the food. I'll agree it's a little pricey for the area but we thought the food and drinks were worth it. My wife had the filet mignon and I had fish, both were well prepared, flavorful and presented nicely on our plates. We had 2 martinis each, 2 glasses of wine and our dinners for a total of $107.00 total. There was live entertainment in the form of a 3 piece combo that added to the evening's enjoyment. Lot's of good places to eat in Granada but we would definitely go back to Imagine

• Visited September 2012
Ft.Lauderdale
“The Worst Experience in Granada”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First of all everything is overpriced. Ate at this place in April 2012 with two friends. The owner constantly scratched his beard before touching the dishes and helping around in the kitchen. Needless to say my appetite was gone. The plates were more than basic. After looking into the
"homey" kitchen I selected chicken breast. The worst chicken breast of my life. Did not think that one could mess up such a simple fare.
The life musicians smelled like sweat to the extend that we changed tables, but there was no getting away from that odor. Horrible and needless to say that I would not even recommend this place to my enemies.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank panamacityguy
Granada, Nicaragua
“Great food, great live music”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I avoided eating here for a long time, mostly due to price and mixed reviews. I finally gave in and have to say it's probably the best food I've had in Granada and had no complaints when the bill came. I'll be going back again. We went for the fresh seafood and pasta as well as mango bread, all of which was fantastic.

It was a nice change from Granada's many other higher-priced restaurants that don't always deliver when the dish comes out. There was also a duo playing that sounded great, weren't too loud or intrusive, and considering the lack of live music in Granada this should make Imagine a regular stop, even if it's just to nurse a drink and enjoy some music.

Yes, you're going to pay more, but in this case you're getting what you pay for. It's excellent food and the atmosphere is nice, laid back, and the staff checks on your table without going overboard (where typically getting someone to check on your table is next to impossible). Great food, service and music—where else in Granada are you going to find that?

• Visited August 2012
Edmonton Canada
“Expensive but thoroughly enjoyable evening”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Friendly host, and excellent food enjoyed by all of our group of five. Relatively expensive, but the band was excellent; great harmonies and interaction with the audience. We had no concerns about portion size or taste of the food. There are cheaper places to eat in Granada but restaurants of similar caliber are similar in price.

• Visited August 2012